TAC @ TUCSON GUNSHOW SEPT, 22-23

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TAC @ TUCSON GUNSHOW SEPT, 22-23

Postby ultimentra on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:02 pm

I will once people actually start posting their availabilities. ;)
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:56 pm

..... Youtubes fagging out I cant post yet
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Arcane on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:23 pm

While I can't commit, and I can't really represent TAC, I'm gonna try to make it down, and I'm going to invite another AO expat.
Arcane
Private

Postby ultimentra on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:53 am

Still waiting on people to post up their availabilities. We can't have one person stuck waiting at the booth all day for someone else to take over at (IDK what time... eventually...)

Without being able to say exactly what time someone is going to be there, that opens up an avenue for them to not show up at all. So if you guys can't take 60 second to post down what times you can be at the booth to help out, then I wont be counting on you to be there at all.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 pm

available
sat 0900-1400
sun 0900-1500\
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:11 am

Well....As of today 16Sept. We have NO Money for the table, No flyers, No Banner. The Information concerning how, and where to pay for a table was posted some time ago. It is unrealsitic to expect any one person to fabricate the needed materials, and or fund this PR event.
I am dissapointed to say the least.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 am

IconarmsDealer wrote:Well....As of today 16Sept. We have NO Money for the table, No flyers, No Banner. The Information concerning how, and where to pay for a table was posted some time ago. It is unrealsitic to expect any one person to fabricate the needed materials, and or fund this PR event.
I am dissapointed to say the least.

As I keep saying it comes down to having staff. If we have the staff we can make the rest happen.

1) Call Bio for the table fee
2) I gave everyone a pitch on flyers. I can actually put it in a doc file if people are struggling that much to compose a simple document.
3) We can probably skip the banner if no one has designed one at this point. Design and hang one for a future show.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Sadly I have to work graves for a few more weeks and I have to sleep.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Hollywood on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:11 pm

I have to be honest...after reviewing all the posts in this thread, it seems like we think we can just walk in, set up a table with a selection of guns and equipment and perhaps some form of advertising, and then we'll be set. Has anyone even contacted whoever is hosting this show to find out if we are even allowed to set up a booth? I've heard several people debating where this event is even happening. From what I have researched, there are a variety of gun shows happening regularly throughout Arizona, so if we really want to try and participate but we cannot organize everything in time for this one, we'll likely have another chance. However, that's beside the point. Participating in a show with people who may demonstrate a curiosity and look at what TAC has to offer is a fine idea. But there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes to prepare for a show. Aside from me making business cards, I'm not sure what anyone else has done to get us into this event. Getting quotes is great. We clearly need numbers in order to decide if this is even possible with our limited budget. But the next step, if we determine we are able to proceed based on finances, is to talk to vendors and do some other legwork to get us into the show. Once we're in, we can get whatever passes we need and then whoever is able to attend can bring some guns/gear and promotional materials with them. Can this be done in a week? Is there some deadline for submissions? Maybe we need to do some better planning and research before the next show and use this as a learning experience.

How about as a practice for promoting TAC, we bring business cards and flyers down to the DP store and spend some time talking to customers? We can do the same thing at Millers Surplus and similar shops. It might be easier to start on a smaller scale and then grow from there. People can go down to these stores with promo materials whenever they have time, instead of trying to shift work schedules or squeeze something into their schedule. If I have a chance, I will work on making flyers. It would be nice to have help though.
“When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive.”
--George W. Bush

Hollywood
Hollywood
Private 1st Class

Postby BIO on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 pm

At this late date,trying to set up the gun show table would not be a good idea,we are no were prepared.
Like Hollywood said,starting out small and working our way up is a better way start.
I see alot of great ideas,lets keep them coming in hopes that we will be better prepared for the next show.
BIO
TAC Treasurer

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Event Posts