OP Spartan from Combat Challenge-

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

OP Spartan from Combat Challenge-

Postby ultimentra on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:08 pm

http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=35093.0

Link to AA ^

Sounds like a cool event, and I really would want to go, but this is right before final exams so I will probably be swamped with schoolwork around this time. Anyone who goes has to take pictures for us! :)

Also, just a note, this is a 3 day event. It goes from 30th of Nov. to Dec. 2nd.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Re: OP Spartan from Combat Challenge-

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Sweet!

Operation Spartan
30 Nov 2012 - 2 Dec 2012
Register here: http://combatchallenge.org/stc/

Operation Spartan is designed to combine a weekend of mil-sim tactical scenarios and course with, live fire courses, and hand to hand combatives. This is a one of a kind event where you will not only get to engage in force on force missions but also learn and play with new skills at your own pace. Many of our instructors are prior special operations members that will be fighting along side your team in the tactical scenarios as well as instructing through the scenarios. This course is developed only to push you as far as your teams wants to go. No pressure, just a lot of fun!

Looks like its $45 for the airsoft portion and $95 to add the live fire session (covers your live fire ammo as well).
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Out... Looks like $45 for 4 hours of game play for me. I can't camp Friday and get Saturday off. Lunch looks like the end of airsoft and my paranoia wont allow me to be around many of the people we play with and especially with military grade weapons, you all know to whom I refer. So, I would have to leave my house at 0200ish to make the 4 hour day game on Saturday, find a place I have never been to on my own, and leave at lunch.

Not bashing the game, the idea, nor the hosts. Its just too scary, and not a good use of my limited resources atm.

Sounds exciting though, and I do recommend any combat training to anyone that has never received any.

BTW if they are really firing a live .50cal out there please for the love of all that is holy get some real good hearing protection or you will have a really bad headache. It will rattle your teeth.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 am

Is nobody from down here in on this then?
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:38 am

Striker wrote:Is nobody from down here in on this then?

I'd really like to make it for the airsoft portion but real life is just not letting me get a full day and night for fun stuff. That being said, I'm out and have passed my feedback onto the staff regarding notice and agenda. I really hope some of you consider making the trip they always do a great event.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 am

With last weeks shift change, I do have the time to do it, however the airsoft portion is too short for the costs and the mixing the people I play airsoft with and military grade weapons still makes my hackles stand. Look that word up children.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 am

I was at the last one Trent. And considering the staff they had were PJ's, rangers, and a few other military personnel, I'm not extremely conserned about that. Not everybody would be going to this, so it's not like those 'questionable people' (who I think I know who you refer too) would be there with the hight power weaponry. Considering the liability that is to befall Marc for this event, I'd say that there is going to be a large emphasis on safety and proper handling
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 am

I would go if I didn't have finals a week later... :evil:
ultimentra
TAC XO

Return to Archived Event Posts