Re: Operation Red Sleigh Down VIII: Dec 8 2012 @ SASCO

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 am

See you all there shortly.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Thank you everyone who made it out, your contributions make a real difference to the Toys For Tots program. Last year we collected enough toys for 3 grocey carts. This year you guys picked it up and filled 4 carts! The response the staff had was great, they pointed at a bin and say the toys for tots go there. When we explained we could not fit a truck full of toys in that tin they sent a guy out to help us load everything into the carts and put it in the employee area for sorting. The whole time they kept going on about how great it was to see such a large donation. We heard much if the same chatter from patrons who gathered around us to as we unloaded. It was pretty cool and its all because this is a great community.

I hope you all had a great time, we had a good time watching events develop and the action ebb and flow. At the end of Evolution 1 Tan was ahead with 34 points but green was not far being at 26 points since they held 11 of the 15 gifts. Going into Evolution 2 green was actually 2 1 or 2 points almost the entire evolution and then a series of massive tan counterattacks took all the spawn points ending the game 20 minutes early in tans favor and gaining them the points on all the gifts held at all the spawn points.

Biggest lesson our admin staffed learned was the we will never map ACU to green and MC to tan again. It was nice to be able to keep teams together and keep the Tan Vs Green even but it made it tougher then normal to IFF. We will also be more logical/careful about what flags go at what point on the field. It was fine after everyone oriented on the flag names vs positions but the first few minutes were rough for anyone who had played the even format with us before.

Thanks to all those to helped setup, chrono, direct, and staff. Both those who planned on helping (DH team members) and those who just decide to lend a hand last second. I wanted to also thank Tonk of 52 Zulu for the use of the flags.

As always we welcome your feedback. Feel free to post it here or send it in a PM to myself, ultimentra or cipherblue. Thanks once again and have a great weekend!

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks Kiley, and cipher for putting the effort into making the game possible. I am glad I could help. And thanks to all who came and played, wouldn't have been a game without everyone that was there. I am glad we could help such a great cause.

Oh, and be sure to PM any complaints to The Honey Badger in triplicate. Thanks! :lol:
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Gills on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Great game. Thank you for hosting again.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby Slim on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:10 pm

http://s1355.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=0

tell me if this works
sorry i didn't get more...

also, the video of the assault turned out bad, as well as the hotel rush, the video didn't come out due to taking a bb straight to the lens about eight seconds in causing the screen to go black... you can only hear sounds, sorry!
Slim
Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Not that I mind lookin at FF (you sexy beast) :D but thats the only picture I can see. :lol:
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Slim on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 am

standby... fixing it now.... ...

ere ya go
http://s1355.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... d/library/

please tell me this works... if not i may need a little help. :?
Slim
Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 pm

You got it :)
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Slim on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 pm

YAY!!!
Slim
Sergeant

Postby Bob Z Moose on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14 pm

I know I'm late to the party on this end, but I just wanna say that I had a great time. Thanks to TAC and everyone that made it a great day.

It was great meeting (some of) y'all. :D
Bob Z Moose
Recruit

Previous

Return to Archived Event Posts