Airsoft Support Vehicle

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Team Discussion forums are provided as a courtesy by the Tucson Airsoft Coalition staff. To acquire your own team discussion forum you may request one from an admin or moderator if the following two conditions are met:

a) You have 3 or more active players to fill the team
b) Your team captain is a fully paid and papered member of TAC

Moderation staff reserves the right to close a team discussion forum if the team that requested it is inactive for a prolonged period of time.

Airsoft Support Vehicle

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:04 pm

So... a few people outside of the DH team have asked me what I plan on doing with the Isuzu Rodeo (pictured below) I picked up as an airsoft toy. At this point in time I'm not quite sure, the plan will evolve as I go. I orginally wanted to cut a hole in the top and put in a turret and use it to deploy fire teams and as a gun truck but I'm not sure thats the direction I want to take this particular vehicle anymore.

What I'm looking at right now are the following projects for it:

A) Add a snorkel to get a leg up on that pesky Sasco crossing
B) Paint it a flat tan to give it a more tacti-cool look
C) Add a UHF attenae to patch it into the ICOM network we are trying to setup on DH right now
D) Remove carpet and add bed liner in the back so it easy to clean
E) Setup the doors to come off easy and add retention straps so it can be run with or without doors

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: Airsoft Support Vehicle

Postby Riptoor on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Ya i would like to start a project like this but i would start with a car that wasn't that nice its gunna be hard to cut into that. but you should hit up boomer for that snorkel he made his for that jeep he picked up out of some pvc i think he said he only spent like 20$. And just fyi I have some experience in oxyacetylene and arc cutting/welding and wouldn't mind helping out.
Riptoor
Private 1st Class

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Riptoor wrote:Ya i would like to start a project like this but i would start with a car that wasn't that nice its gunna be hard to cut into that. but you should hit up boomer for that snorkel he made his for that jeep he picked up out of some pvc i think he said he only spent like 20$. And just fyi I have some experience in oxyacetylene and arc cutting/welding and wouldn't mind helping out.

It looks much nicer then it really is, but I'm still a little hesitant to cut it up derby style. :)

I got with boomer a few weekends ago and compared notes, I'll be using a very similar design for my snorkel, I just cant justify spending more on a safari snorkel then I paid for the car...

My profession before moving to software was welding/fitting (structural, automotive, and pharmaceutical container fabrication) so I have plenty of experience in that, you would not know by chance where I could borrow or use some equipment though would you?
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Riptoor on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 pm

I have a cheap ac only 200amp arc welder which wouldn't help much, but i know of a couple places in tucson that rent out equipment any of which will have what your looking for. there was a little store i forgot the name but they were located around speedway and swan and i rented a generator there, and saw they had some nice lincoln arc welders and i think it was a victor oxy set up.
Riptoor
Private 1st Class

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Riptoor wrote:I have a cheap ac only 200amp arc welder which wouldn't help much, but i know of a couple places in tucson that rent out equipment any of which will have what your looking for. there was a little store i forgot the name but they were located around speedway and swan and i rented a generator there and they had some nice lincoln arc welders and i think it was a victor oxy set up.

Excellent. Thanks for the tip, renting was not an option I had thought about! :)
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Striker on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:40 pm

There is another place that might have the welding thngs you need. I think its called 6th avenue rental. Give them a try.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby Beanns2 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Kiley you have a once Certified Welder on your team ;).
Beanns2
Executive Advisor

Postby CipherBlue on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:16 pm

Beanns2 wrote:Kiley you have a once Certified Welder on your team ;).

Kiley was a Certified Welder
CipherBlue
Executive Advisor

Postby Beanns2 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 am

Well I didnt know that. Kiley we got 2 certified welders on the team :D!
Beanns2
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Maybe not the most cost effective option, but this might be one of the things you're looking for
http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-1198-echo-1-minigun-long-version-airsoft-gun.aspx
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Desert Hawks