Just an idea..

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Just an idea..

Postby Gills on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:11 am

Arizona is quite a large state with many different features. I was thinking why not a snow game? Northern arizona in December, January gets plowed with snow. Playing out here in the desert is fun, and gets a little repetitous, no complaints. But a game where a change of scenery might be an alright idea.

For a snowgame, for all of us desert rats, we'd have to camp out in northern arizona. I have a few places in mind.
Lets say for a big TAC game, we all go up to the white mountains one day, camp out out for the day and night, play the next day and come down the mountain. Like i say, just an idea, what ive been thinking.

Snowcam is fairly cheap down here in southern arizona, pieces are 15 bucks a piece at millers surplus. and I think it looks pretty good, just no use down here in the heat.

Tell me what you think of a Snow game. I'm Sure that if we recruit enough people from AirsoftArizona forums, TAC, An all out airsoft get togethor, camp out in a camp spot have a feast dinner. and play like beasts the next day.

Like i said, this is all an idea. Idk if any one has tried to put togethor a game like this before. if there is a large amount of people, it could be a major event. tell me what you think and or if u agree with me.

Like i said, SnowCam is considerably cheap down here. i belive it was 15 dollars per piece, and looks pimp. Wear some more under clothes and it keeps its user pretty warm. as long as you wear covers in snow it isnt much of a problem. By covers, 2 shirts, a sweat shirt and snow cam. that is if it is cold and wet and sloshy snow.

Then i was thinking, this could be more of a weekend retreat.
A weekend retreat meaning camping in the mountains for the weekend. staying over night or even two nights, and having multiple, fairly long games.
I am thinking of putting something of a weekend camping retreat togethor. Having a charge and i can hook up the camp site, airsoft field, and food, still have a while before any snow fall.

I have hookups up in the White mountains. If I could get some more positive responses i could hook it up.
Like i was saying, lets say there can be a base admission fee for the camp site and food. You can bring your own camping gear. Have a big barbeque up there supplied from the admission, would be pretty fun. But so far, not that many good responses. To me and some other people, it does sound like a fun oppurtunity. If there were more people intrested, be no problem planning it now.
Last edited by Gills on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Re: Just an idea..

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:04 pm

You find the venue and organize the game, I'm sure if you do a passable job you will get plenty of support for it.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Striker on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Honestly, it dosent sound like a bad idea, except for one thing... Arizonans are desert dwellers (Im referring to the tucson and phoenix area). Meaning they are not used to the colder climate the mountains provide in the winter time. And doing a winter/ snow game means that you have to have the proper gear to wear and use. I dont have most of my warm gear anymore, because i dont live in a cold climate anymore. I really dont want to go out and buy all new cold weather gear for one game. Its not just warm gear you need, but wen the snow contacts your body, it starts melting on you, meaning you now need wet gear as well.

Just something to consider...
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:41 am

I've seen a lot of people from Tuscon and Phoenix that can't even manage a rainy day, let alone snow. Just make sure to give the guys who've never cold-camped a really good guide. :lol:
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm totally down for a snow retreat, in BSA I went to snow camp once a year, and it was a blast every time. Sleeping in the tent on top of snow, not fun, but I quickly learned to clear the snow before I set up the tent. Other than that I have some old flannel shirts and stuff for colder weather, and if the snow camo is really that cheap, I would be up for it, who knows, maybe this could become a yearly thing too!
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby azsworst on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:25 am

KileyHAZ wrote:You find the venue and organize the game, I'm sure if you do a passable job you will get plenty of support for it.

+1
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Postby BIO on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:21 pm

I would love to do a snow game
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby dejavu on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Aye, give me a date and destination and a good heads up and I'd be out there. Woodland + snow = a nice change. Albeit a bit cold (but once you get moving you'll warm up and sweat, then want to pull layers off). I think that if this were to happen, the game would need to be a longer, single-scenario deal in order to minimize time standing around and cooling off/freezing. Maybe a break for lunch and a second game after. I know I would prefer to make any sort of drive like this a longer day rather than a short 3-5 hour day.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby Striker on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:09 pm

O.K., so IF this is done right, it would be something I would consider for an overnight game. And I agree with Dejavu, it would HAVE TO be a longer game.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:05 am

Striker wrote:O.K., so IF this is done right, it would be something I would consider for an overnight game. And I agree with Dejavu, it would HAVE TO be a longer game.

Agreed, this would need be set up as a major op (similar to op condor, when it gets rescheduled) or as a overnight game to be worth the trip unless its on mt lemon for us Tucson airsofters. White mountains would be amazing, but it would have to be scheduled right, and for all of these AO's, we would need state/national forest permission to play.
If this does get set up though, with enough of a warning on the date, it would be a must for me to attend!
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion