URBAN/CQB/MOUT-AO's

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: URBAN/CQB/MOUT-AO's

Postby Striker on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:04 pm

HiSkoolFunf wrote:Alrighty then, no need to be offensive I was just quoting how it is "stated" In my Arizona gun laws book. Kid.

Look, I wasnt trying to be offensive. If thats what you got from what I said, you missed my point. The point of what i was trying to explain is that airsoft guns technically count as a firearm. So does a rubberband gun. Its dumb. Anyway, because they are "firearms" youn NOT SUPPOSED to discharge them in the city. As far as this "supervised range" you made mention of, I have no idea why you brought that up in relation to what was discussed beforehand.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby HiSkoolFunf on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

"Airsoft" guns are NOT FIREARMS, They're near firearms.
HiSkoolFunf
Private 1st Class

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Arizona legal definition of a firearm...

ARS 13-3101.
4. "Firearm" means any loaded or unloaded handgun, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun or other weapon that will expel, is designed to expel or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive. Firearm does not include a firearm in permanently inoperable condition.

Hiskool's technically right, and I would go further to say a supervised range is any property/land that is set aside, public or private, where it is permitted by the owner to shoot (given it's in a manner that's safe to the public, and the participating individuals, such as the various indoor shooting ranges within city limits.) but will an LEO care if the general pop complains? Not so much. Also, Tucson has it's own ordinance restricting airsoft use so Striker is right too...

Sec. 11-1. Air guns, slings, bean shooters, etc.
It shall be unlawful for any person to shoot or discharge any bullet, stone, shot or other missile with or from an air gun, or with or from a sling or an elastic spring or bean shooter or any other like appliance within the city.
(1953 Code, ch. 18, § 1)

Win-win! How awesome is that.... :roll:

El Con could work...IF the owners agreed (don't hold your breath) and IF we could get to and from the area of play without causing a disturbance (gun and gear bags anyone?) and the area of play was isolated so as to not cause alarm for the gen pop.
Bottom line though, It's a nice thought, but not one worth arguing about, hypothetically or otherwise.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:36 am

PhaedrusZen wrote:Bottom line though, It's a nice thought, but not one worth arguing about, hypothetically or otherwise.

Exactly! No more talk of firearms vs non firearms on this thread, your posts will be moderated. If you must drill each other over it, do it in pm or start a new thread.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Previous

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion