URBAN/CQB/MOUT-AO's

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

URBAN/CQB/MOUT-AO's

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:25 am

As I had posted on the old boards. I had been looking at a condemened property. My Guy (DARK KNIGHT) is a realestate broker and he contacted the owner. The owner was more than happy to allow this (us) to use it, But I waited to long before asking ... In the future we may be able to secure a property to do this. as DARK KNIGHT has the inside line on this he will keep me up to speed
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: URBAN/CQB/MOUT-AO's

Postby Farslayer on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks Icon,

This is one area that Tucson is lacking as far as AS. Back east there are tons of old empty building we could use... :x
Farslayer
Private 1st Class

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:23 am

We as a combined set of Eyes should keep an eye open for possiable property that could be used for URBAN/MOUT/CQB get the address, and the Phone # of any real estate brokers who may be handling it. My Guy cam professionaly approach then with a proposal to allow us to have an event- It would require (most likely) some fee per player, and a waiver of liability. I personaly am Good with that.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby firebert on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 am

30 years ago we owned a junkyard in Tucson...... Yeah, I know it does nothing for us now.
firebert
Private

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:50 pm

Junk yards, aircraft salvage yards...These are the places to look
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:27 pm

sounds cool, keeping an eye out, saw one a while back, before I saw this post, maybe its still there...
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby AZsharpshooter on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Im just going to throw this out there for anyone who is ambitious and wants somthing to do...

I think that there might be an area in Tucson that we could set up a CQB game. This place is the old Macy's at the El Con Mall. The place has been vacant for some time now and I was recently inside of the building. It has very few windows and the windows that are there are covered up already, there are also three levels, the first level is wide open it does have some old counters and small rooms, the second floor has more small room and stairs, the third level is all office's it is very dark up there though seeing as they have removed most of the light bulbs. I belive that the building is owned by the Mall. I figure that we could probably get them to let us use the area for at least one game I would imagine that we would have to pay a fee and I would be a great Idea to have everyone help in a pickup after the game so we would leave the place fairly clean. I know that Some Police Departments have used the building for training as well so this might have a fairly good chance of becoming availble for us. If there is anyone out there that would like to pursue this that would be cool or at least find out some info about it for our use.
Primary- G&G GR-16 carbine (M4A1)
Back up- Echo 1 G36C
Secondary- KWA G23F

Just call me Sharpshooter
AZsharpshooter
Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:03 am

I would be willing to pay for a game in that place.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby clayton on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:38 am

it would take quite alot of public relations to make the general public who lives/works around elcon mall understand what these "people with guns" are doing there.
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby dejavu on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:19 pm

clayton wrote:it would take quite alot of public relations to make the general public who lives/works around elcon mall understand what these "people with guns" are doing there.

Any event that took place within the city would need to require that attendees have their AEGs inside of gun cases or boxes until getting all the way inside.

I'd be enthusiastic about playing any sort of indoor location. I know that there are many locations around town available for rental for events, and I am sure that airsoft would only require a bit of an extra squeeze from owners. It's not messy like paint. That's for the most part what I imagine people fear when lending out facilities- the mess. BB cleanup might be a task but I'm sure we could figure something out.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion