URBAN/CQB/MOUT-AO's

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: URBAN/CQB/MOUT-AO's

Postby Riptoor on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:15 pm

dejavu wrote:
clayton wrote:it would take quite alot of public relations to make the general public who lives/works around elcon mall understand what these "people with guns" are doing there.

Any event that took place within the city would need to require that attendees have their AEGs inside of gun cases or boxes until getting all the way inside.

I'd be enthusiastic about playing any sort of indoor location. I know that there are many locations around town available for rental for events, and I am sure that airsoft would only require a bit of an extra squeeze from owners. It's not messy like paint. That's for the most part what I imagine people fear when lending out facilities- the mess. BB cleanup might be a task but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Ya just bring a couple shop vacs to clean em up, the major problem is the little holes the bbs will make in the drywall, or any windows that may be around could get broken.
Riptoor
Private 1st Class

Postby ultimentra on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm

I would be willing to go out and buy a gun bag too.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby clayton on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:05 pm

right, would you have rent it or what?
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby AZsharpshooter on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:37 pm

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the Dry wall seeing as the place is run down and for the most part the walls almost all have holes in them, and like I said earlier that there are very few windows in the building, all that you would need to do to protect the windows would be to put up a tarp of some short up.
Primary- G&G GR-16 carbine (M4A1)
Back up- Echo 1 G36C
Secondary- KWA G23F

Just call me Sharpshooter
AZsharpshooter
Sergeant

Postby lawdawg0219 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:52 pm

an indoor arena would be great if only we could fined one i would love to play a cqb based indoor game i am looking as best as i can
hey guys i cant spell and grammer is not my strong points so please bear with me on my posts
lawdawg0219
Private

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 pm

I would love an indoor/CQB event, and the old mall building sounds cool, I hope we can find somewhere to do this type of event, as I have been waiting for an excuse to fix up my UMP :D
I will keep an eye out for any areas up near my place, as I'm pretty sure only a few airsofters live in or near Oro Valley.
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby AZsharpshooter on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:21 pm

I found a potential area just someone needs to come up with a proposal to give to the mall.
Back up- Echo 1 G36C
Secondary- KWA G23F

AZsharpshooter
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 pm

dejavu wrote:
clayton wrote:it would take quite alot of public relations to make the general public who lives/works around elcon mall understand what these "people with guns" are doing there.

Any event that took place within the city would need to require that attendees have their AEGs inside of gun cases or boxes until getting all the way inside.

I'd be enthusiastic about playing any sort of indoor location. I know that there are many locations around town available for rental for events, and I am sure that airsoft would only require a bit of an extra squeeze from owners. It's not messy like paint. That's for the most part what I imagine people fear when lending out facilities- the mess. BB cleanup might be a task but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Well there are three things folks are concerned with LIABILITY,LIABILITY and clean up/damage. I fire my Guns inside my garage often..once I sweep them into piles my Shop vacume sucks them up..so thats no problem.
We can purchase as a club, event Insurance, not really exspensive but not free.
Find out who ownes the old store, and I have an AGENT that could speak to them and explain.
I really think a salvage yard, Aircraft salvage, or other industrial sight would be more likely to let us rent the place..
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby AZsharpshooter on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Unfortunatly I don't have pictures of the place Im tlking about but its old and run down many if not all of the walls have holes in them. Im am 99.999% sure that the mall owns the building. Its a great location just needs someone to get alittle more info on the place and make up a plan of what to do there. Unfortunatly I don't have the time or resources to do this and that is why I brought it to TAC's attention.
Back up- Echo 1 G36C
Secondary- KWA G23F

AZsharpshooter
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:01 am

sharp shooter...get an address I will turn it over to my Agent see what we can do.....
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion