MT GRAHAM-AO SNOW FLAT

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

MT GRAHAM-AO SNOW FLAT

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:38 am

Just returned from a LRRP of the SNOW FLAt CAMPING AREA located on MT Graham. Located 130 Miles Nort/ North east of Tucson. Near Safford Arizona.
I have paced off a decent Ao, and will have GPS Cords after I organize my notes and try and get my Digital Camera to give up the pictures.
I suggest you Google Earth this area. Dence forest, many open Clearings, Small pond. One narrow road leads to camp area. Perfect Balkans,Black Forest/ Europe AO.
Its a long drive, but a weekend ewvent/Camp out is perfect for this.
Road in Great fror Ambush, Dence Forest ,Sniper galore,
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: MT GRAHAM-AO SNOW FLAT

Postby Gills on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:27 pm

sounds like a good AO if you brought it up. This goes back to my idea of a snowgame/campout. alot closer and more accesible. lets go~
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby 75thRanger on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:20 pm

That sounds awesome id be up for that.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Postby dejavu on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:13 pm

I don't know why we would have to wait for snow to play in such a place though. There's only snow on the ground around there perhaps three to four weeks out of the year I suspect. I think it would be a nice change of tempo NOW since it'd be a nice retreat from the heat (but I don't know if we have permission to play there yet).
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 am

dejavu wrote:I don't know why we would have to wait for snow to play in such a place though. There's only snow on the ground around there perhaps three to four weeks out of the year I suspect. I think it would be a nice change of tempo NOW since it'd be a nice retreat from the heat (but I don't know if we have permission to play there yet).

Actually its snowed in in the area he LRRP'd from November until March. The forest service locks it up for those months. The area is very much like the top of Mt Lemmon (before the fire), its high elevation evergreen forest.

Just a general reminder for those new to following the details on this AO. It IS forest service land. We will have limited permission to use it from time to time through the safford district office. Bio BBs will be required for this AO per TACs contract with the forest service. This AO is not open to anyone's pickup games. Events slated for it must be approved and sponsored by the TAC board.

Thanks once again for the recon Icon, I'm sure it will help us get the dates and actual physical spot setup with additional ease. I'm looking forward to your photos!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 am

Having A bit of trouble with my Camera card.. As it says theres no card in my Edrive???? Anyway.

In the winter time you would need a snow cat to get here, and as Kiley said its locked off. I will post some details after while.
From the paved road to the AO is all forest..Very nice!
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby dejavu on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:02 pm

This place sounds like fun- thanks for scouting it out Icon, if there's anything I've learned about AOs over the years, it's that there are plenty "jewels" around Tucson, but just a lack of people willing to go out and find them. So I sincerely appreciate your devotion to this and your willingness to blow your own cash on gas and spend your time finding a unique AO.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this place, whenever that can happen.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion