Mt. Lemmon AO

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mt. Lemmon AO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 am

How about Single use permits? Apply for a Once a year event permit! Just an idea :D

Though Folks can now go there and camp* {there were fire rings}, and fire real steel (found spent 5.56mm brass). I would veture to guess that these guys are not applying for permits for this. At least we are using te correct channels. Anything I can do Just ;let me know -Icon
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Striker on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 am

Do you know how to obtain one of those "single use permits"?
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Striker wrote:Do you know how to obtain one of those "single use permits"?

Its the same process I go through for SRBG. Its just the rangers in the catalina district won't respond to my contact inquiries. *shrug*
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Is there a number we could call? Try to a real person on the line, would probably go further. An email is more easily ignored than a phone call.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Striker on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 pm

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coronado/forest ... ndow.shtml
Santa Catalina Ranger District
5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd
Tucson, Az. 85750
(520) 749-8700
(520) 749-8700 TTY
(520) 749-7723 FAX
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby bigwavedave on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 am

The following link outlines the requirements for non-commercial group uses on National Forest Lands. The only catch is when your player count goes over 75 then a non-commerical permit is required. Over 75 players then you have to get involved with the Forest Service and there are some provisions about "para-military training" that are pretty subjective and can be worked through with undertsanding by MOST local recreation staffs.

http://www.fs.fed.us/specialuses/specia ... p-noncom-a

This is all presuming that the AO is not in any area that is under a special closure order for firearms or any other special wildlife or fire order that would pose a problem. These are publicly available and are usually available at the front desk of a district office, as well as online.

There are no requirements for Bio BB's (although it's a nice jesture)
bigwavedave
Recruit

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:04 am

bigwavedave wrote:The following link outlines the requirements for non-commercial group uses on National Forest Lands. The only catch is when your player count goes over 75 then a non-commerical permit is required. Over 75 players then you have to get involved with the Forest Service and there are some provisions about "para-military training" that are pretty subjective and can be worked through with undertsanding by MOST local recreation staffs.

http://www.fs.fed.us/specialuses/specia ... p-noncom-a

This is all presuming that the AO is not in any area that is under a special closure order for firearms or any other special wildlife or fire order that would pose a problem. These are publicly available and are usually available at the front desk of a district office, as well as online.

There are no requirements for Bio BB's (although it's a nice jesture)

CowaBunga Bigwave Dave Good info!
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby bigwavedave on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:42 am

IconarmsDealer wrote:CowaBunga Bigwave Dave Good info!

Thanks, this ONLY APPLIES TO USFS land. Alot of people confuse Forest Service with Park Service and State Lands or BLM Lands. Every agency is different and I'm not keen on the rules with the other agencies but USFS is as stated in the link. Also the park service is the only organization with field going "Rangers", the Forest Service is comprised of one "RANGER" who is the head land manager for the area or "District" and usually is in meetings or dealing with congressional issues, the other people you tend to see out in the field are "Recreation personnel, or Law Enforcement (carrying) or Fire staff", I know it's not a big deal but It sometimes helps in communications with different offices and field folks.
bigwavedave
Recruit

Postby The Honey Badger on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:27 pm

OK, I like the idea of USFS land. Its there and usable by the public. The obstacle is they don't return correspondence with Kiley. He don't live in Tucson ffs so we need to help out and see if we can pull it off. I will go to the office and argue the point with them. If that is the general consensus than I will. Let me know

Trent
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Dude, if you can get somebody to listen to you, and actually make some progress, i will salute you. So far it hasnt happened.
Striker
Executive Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion