Suggestions now that SASCO is private property

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Suggestions now that SASCO is private property

Postby C_Mathews on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:52 pm

I've heard that SASCO is now private property and that the Sheriff has been handing out tickets there, is this true? If it is a group of my friends and I are looking for a place to play for the next 2 weekends since DP is closed for their paintball tournaments. Does anyone know of anything that's going on?

Thanks in advance!
C_Mathews
Recruit

Re: Suggestions now that SASCO is private property

Postby PhaedrusZen on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Sasco has always been private property. I was out there just today doing some site cleanup. I didn't see any new signs or any sign of LEOs. If they've been out there, I imagine it's because people have been causing problems for the nearby ranchers/neighbors. Doesn't mean LEOs won't be out there on weekends, since that's when it gets used the most, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.

As a heads up, the water was fairly high today. I took a dirt bike out there and just about swamped it. :shock: From what I understand, as long as we're not being disruptive or destructive, and there are no signs stating the area is private property, we can use the area within reason. However, if asked to leave, we've obviously got to comply.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby C_Mathews on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:35 am

Thanks for the info!
C_Mathews
Recruit

Postby sky soldier on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:08 pm

We've ran into Border Patrol, people shooting real steel, quad riders, other random people. Nobody ever made us leave. Someone told me a story about a county sherrif showing up once and thinking the guys were drug runners or something, after he found out they were playing airsoft, they were allowed to continue playing,
S.S.
sky soldier
Private 1st Class

Postby krash on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:36 am

don't believe the hype!
I questioned a couple folks about their so called story of 'first hand' run in, turned out to be crap or at least they could not get the story straight turned into I saw then my wife talked to them, or it happpend when "we" there but not to us????

only believe what happens to YOU or some one willing to tell where, when , what County cop, name of badge w /# the name of the compalining person to match with records to see if they own property

SS

been down the road before, it has turned into the biggest urban legend of SASCO ever
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby Farslayer on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm

A couple years back the was a deal of some sorts for it to be purchased by someone, but due to circumstances (possible moving graves or something) it fell through. You can be on the land and if it isn't posted, you are not trespassing.

benn here before.
Farslayer
Private 1st Class

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion