long game

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: long game

Postby dejavu on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:46 am

AlexDean wrote:Honestly, if you want a multi-day game (because you are such a war addict) join the military. In basic training they have dozens of those scenarios they make you endure. don't like it, drop out.

I don't think this is very constructive. The idea of this sort of thing is to emulate the same thing those scenarios are emulating, but on a much more accessible level.

I think most of us like being able to go home to our nice soft beds after a big game...
Last edited by dejavu on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 am

i get the whole idea and concept of airsoft, but when people take it that far, to play for days on end, i think they may have an addiction. I being one of those people, am enlisting this month. Not because of arisoft, but there are people out there like me who cant get enough military shit. the only channel i watch is the military channel even when its clash of wings. and me being 18 and not watching anything else... well you get the point. just sayin. =)

btw, for the record, i would play an airsoft game that lasted more than a day. this last game we went to in casa grande didn't even do my addiction justice. i wanted more. when the guy said, "thats game!!" i was beyond pissed...

But luckly i am finding a way to fulfill my addiction with actually doing it. hopefully one day i'll be over in iraq shootin shit up for my wonderful country.

just passin the word.
constructive enough for ya? lol
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby NHtucsonaz on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 pm

"I sincerely feel it has more to do with individual 'drive'." i strrooooongly agree with this, it just comes down to how far you want to push yourself and pretend that this is real world and you gotta fight to live. me personally i love airsoft and i mean it i love playing, i love shooting the guns and practicing skills that if ever needed (the world going to sh1t) i could apply, for me i would love the chance to do a multiday game with other people who arent just wanting to go and shoot but actually i guess train and learn.
"if you want a multi-day game (because you are such a war addict) join the military" i do see yor point in saying this but alot of people use airsoft for the game play and pretending to be ina military and use stratigy/tactics. this is how i am ive always loved military things and wanted to join but i havnt for personal views but i still want the training and pratice without really joining... just my 2 cents :D
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 pm

then what good is all those skills you have learned and trained for if they are not going to be put to use for real?
its like getting really good at a video game and then later on down the road, you quit that game and you have wasted all that time and effort.
i don't know, this toppic is so done.
lol
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:07 pm

I agree with NH, I would be up for a multi day game too. I would be really exhausted at the end, but as long as I had a rucksack with plenty of water and food, and there was either preset areas for sleeping or there was areas to set up tents then I would be cool. I would need to worry about batteries though, I assume that batteries drain when they are plugged in, and since batteries are like a form of ammunition, you could only have as much as you could carry. Same goes with bbs, could have one person carrying alot of ammo for people, etc.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby NHtucsonaz on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:20 pm

AlexDean wrote:then what good is all those skills you have learned and trained for if they are not going to be put to use for real?

i do see what you mean thats true if your not really into what your doing, but for me its for personal benifit if i never use it oh well i just really enjoy doing it and learning it incase i ever need it, kinda like people who do college classes for personal gains like learnng languages they may never use i took german and portuguese knowing i may never use it but its cool to learn and agreed with topic kill haha
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 pm

damn, i want to learn german. you should teach me :D

ultimentra wrote:I would need to worry about batteries though, I assume that batteries drain when they are plugged in, and since batteries are like a form of ammunition, you could only have as much as you could carry.

there is battery chargers that hook up to your car battery you know :D
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby krash on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:21 am

you can join the army and learn to be a cook too..............

there a alot of skills you can learn and never have to play to dum dum games they play in the military

skills is skills, no matter what or how you learn them, some punk with a 22 can still take you out...........

MILITARY training does not = super soldier or ricky recon status..............it means you will run to the fire, expose your self to save a fallen comrade, give your self to the mission with out thinkging about your self, your mom and dad just keep going till your are dead or the other guy is! Woring as a team is what most of the traing invloves, thinkin and reacting fast with out hesitating........

long games where you sit around for 90% of the time 'resting' and 5% fighting would be the norm, fire fights don't last for days and days and days, BATTLES may but the squad on squad fights last up to when you need cover, ammo, corpsmans, supporting inderict fire (CANNON), mortars,planes, gun ships, ship fired weps............or run out of bad guys.

if you are spending hours shootin the same group of guys all day long, well you are a bad shot and should become a combat cook, or combat wire man, or combat engineer, or combat truck driver, there are alot of jobs in the military where you will not have to clear rooms, bunkers, get shot at or even leave the states, I know several guys "in" now that have never seen combat but are in charge of 'teaching'.......go figure?!

now the best way to think : any time folks let you shoot at them is a good day. If you have to drive for 2.5 hours for a 2 hour game yeah it sucks, but is better than staying home doing nothing, thinking about shooting people
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby steveng on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 am

id be down for this
steveng
Recruit

Postby AlexDean on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 pm

krash wrote:MILITARY training does not = super soldier or ricky recon status..............it means you will run to the fire, expose your self to save a fallen comrade, give your self to the mission with out thinkging about your self, your mom and dad just keep going till your are dead or the other guy is! Woring as a team is what most of the traing invloves, thinkin and reacting fast with out hesitating........

wow dude. this doesn't even deserve a feedback.. but ima say it anyway. you are just one narrow-minded SOB
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion