long game

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: long game

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 pm

AlexDean wrote:
krash wrote:MILITARY training does not = super soldier or ricky recon status..............it means you will run to the fire, expose your self to save a fallen comrade, give your self to the mission with out thinkging about your self, your mom and dad just keep going till your are dead or the other guy is! Woring as a team is what most of the traing invloves, thinkin and reacting fast with out hesitating........

wow dude. this doesn't even deserve a feedback.. but ima say it anyway. you are just one narrow-minded SOB

Though I am not former military like Krash, I agree with him 100% so I guess he is not the only 'narrow minded SOB' here...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby dejavu on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 pm

AlexDean wrote:wow dude. this doesn't even deserve a feedback.. but ima say it anyway. you are just one narrow-minded SOB

Alex, in case you haven't figured it out yet, you're the odd man out in this discussion. You are the narrow-minded one, my friend, because you can't grasp the fact that people don't just train in a skill in order to use that skill every day, but rather, people train in a skill so that if the time comes, they will have said skill to help them get through the situation. Plus most of us just airsoft to have fun.

I can give you a hundred examples to show you how blind your statements are.

If I go to the shooting range every weekend to become a better shot, your reasoning suggests that I should only train if I am going to use that refined skill in the real world. And yet, there are tens of millions of gun owners in the United States who go out shooting every weekend, yet aren't in the military and who don't use their "skill" in any environment beyond the shooting range.

So see, when you think about it, the statements that you make, even concerning "extreme" airsofters who desire to play for more than just four or five hours, ultimately just come off as biased and entirely ungrounded opinions.

You won't make any friends here by telling everyone who likes to play multi-day scenario games that they are an "addict." It's just not the case.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby usafabrad on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:37 pm

As another military member myself, I've done my share of field training, and i have to say, its WAAAAAY more exhausting than anything ive ever done in airsoft. That being said, I wouldnt mind going out for a multi-day event, so long as it is organized properly and we have real "down time" factored in. Playing at night, all night can be downright dangerous. There's a reason why we dont do blind firing and call "knock it off" after a certain amount of time. The average joe out here just isnt physically equipped for that kind of activity, and the chance of injury from tripping and twisting an ankle, stepping on a snake, or blind firing from below MED goes up exponentially as darkness and fatigue sets in. But if you have that kind of time on your hands, and you have that motivation, go nuts man. I've seen people do dumber things for longer periods of time and no one has called them "addicts". Dont believe me, go watch a Test Cricket match that goes on for 5 days on end.
usafabrad
Private

Postby yellow_fever on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 pm

AlexDean wrote:
krash wrote:MILITARY training does not = super soldier or ricky recon status..............it means you will run to the fire, expose your self to save a fallen comrade, give your self to the mission with out thinkging about your self, your mom and dad just keep going till your are dead or the other guy is! Woring as a team is what most of the traing invloves, thinkin and reacting fast with out hesitating........

wow dude. this doesn't even deserve a feedback.. but ima say it anyway. you are just one narrow-minded SOB

And you're a bit of a punk. This man has twice your life experience, as do probably half the members on this board. Show some manners or please just quit posting.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pm

im the only one who took offense to this? maybe its just the way i read it...
but i would do this WITHOUT military training. I read this as, "The Only military training you will get is to become sefless." i.e. the "does not ="

The reason Im going into the Army is so i can become a Ranger, Sapper, and then maybe a Sniper. And i plan on using these skills in the real world someday, maybe it be when im a cop at home or on a tour in Iraq. That's why i want them.

i guess its just my opinion, but i feel its just a waste have something your never going to use.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Two points to make.

One: Internet fight!
Two: Keep it on topic.

If we all agreed on everything, then I don't think we'd go shoot each other up every weekend.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby dejavu on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:51 pm

AlexDean, how old are you?
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:56 pm

what does that matter? we are all adults here.

im sorry i read it the wrong way, i had a hangover this morning.

i realize now its nothin.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:28 am

I can understand how you might take offense to the statements reading them the way you say you did above. Your certainly entitled to your own opinion. I think its safe to say this is one of those timeless examples of it being a good idea to take a few deep breathes before hitting a submit button.

Anyhow, back to the exact topic at hand. Yes I am interested in a long format games, and yes I would be VERY picky about who was hosting them. No offense intended to you all dustdrive but I would not show up for a game you hosted that was long format, liked those we are chatting about. You simply don't have the practical experience yet to do one I would consider successful or safe.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 pm

I know the big ops like Lion Claws and such are some times multi-day. Kiley didn't you go to prescott once for a multi-day game? It takes ALOT of planning, ALOT of effort, ALOT of people, and furthermore, ALOT OF MONEY. The big national OPs are multiday because they have all of that. I hope I get to earn the privilege of attending one someday.
ultimentra
TAC XO

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion