long game

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: long game

Postby Savage on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:58 pm

By the privilege of attending one, you mean the chance to hide-out overnight deep in enemy territory, yes?
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:32 am

ultimentra wrote:I know the big ops like Lion Claws and such are some times multi-day. Kiley didn't you go to prescott once for a multi-day game? It takes ALOT of planning, ALOT of effort, ALOT of people, and furthermore, ALOT OF MONEY. The big national OPs are multiday because they have all of that. I hope I get to earn the privilege of attending one someday.

Have done 3 multi days in Flagstaff and just got back from one in Whittier CA. I can't recall doing one that was live fire through the night yet, but all 4 of these were pretty intense physically and had rigid schedules. Great experiences one and all but certainly not for those who want to play for an hour or two then tell 'war' stories the rest of the day.

I do admit that it is a little easier to motivate yourself and get serious when you have 'payed to play' as opposed to a casual weekend pickup game. Perhaps a payed venue (rent some private land) or a deposit is a possible solution to weed out the people who can't hack it... *shrug* dunno...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby usafabrad on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:39 am

On that note, I was thinking about getting with you, kiley and trying to organize a more robust "Shooters Competition" out at SASCO sometime this summer, with IDPA/ Mil-sim themed events that would require some kind of fee for entry. What do you think?
usafabrad
Private

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:06 am

usafabrad wrote:On that note, I was thinking about getting with you, kiley and trying to organize a more robust "Shooters Competition" out at SASCO sometime this summer, with IDPA/ Mil-sim themed events that would require some kind of fee for entry. What do you think?

DH has talked, in the recent past, about doing a 'Fire Team Challenge' similar to AMSOG's 'CQB Challenge' from a year or two back. Basically it was along the lines of what you just outlined with milsim oriented small team challenges that are scored. I'm a little busy right now with work for the early part of the spring/summer but I would not mind getting with you at some point and hashing it out.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby usafabrad on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 pm

I'll send you a PM Kiley, about what I was thinking.
usafabrad
Private

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:10 pm

If you can get enough players then it may be doable. You will need to rotate forces in and out of the theatre to allow rest and hydration.
This is a giant undertaking.This would require many staff, hours(or days) of AO preperation.I would love to do this if all the ducks were in a row.

Perhaps....
First wave would/could go into the field and secure an objective. (time 1<1.5Hrs)
Then second wave would join up and releive the first.
Firsdt wave would return to base camp and resupply ,rest and rehydrate..( they may encounter snipers both ways)
this could continue until game was over.

Respawn- after 3 hits return to Base camp. This player would have to wait for his/her platoon to return before entering the battle.
A fresh troop could however take their place if more than 60% of the 1-1.5 hours remain in the first waves deployment.

The AO would need to be somethjing thats CAMPING friendly. The Safford Snow Flat AO would be perfect.HAs trees water, cool Temps, controlable entry points, as well as a small lake and camping areas
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Savage on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I would love to see a lot more realistic force on force scenarios, too. Force A attacking force B's position, force B gets a steady stream of respawns/reinforcements, while force A gets reinforcements in large bursts.

If we can find a not-often/never visited area of ironwood, the local DIC's may allow us to set up semi-permanent digs. I know of many places in sitgreaves in Colorado where paintballers have set up plywood buildings, some areas rivaling the size of a small town. As long as we can cart it out as easily as we can bring it in, make it so it doesn't cause damage, and use Bio's, it may be an option for us.

*Edit* DIC = Dude in charge. Calm down.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby dustdrive on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 pm

well i mean if worse came to worse we could get out there and just have fun u no i mean camping fun right
dustdrive
Private

Previous

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion