New Possible AO on the east side

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

New Possible AO on the east side

Postby AlexDean on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey everyone, I knew of this place for a while before i got into airsoft. My friends and I used it for a place to ride our atv's. Anyways I drove by it last night when i realized it'll be a great place for airsoft games! It has at least a 5block square perimeter. it also has little paths/roads in between terrain with hills and whatnot. there is a church across the street with a big parking lot for easy access. hopefully one of you guys will check it out for some future airsoft games. it is on Bonanza and Colette (in between Speedway and Broadway). here's some pics.

little circle: church parking lot. Big circle: AO
church parking lot ^^^
Last edited by AlexDean on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Re: New Possible AO on the east side

Postby quadro on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 pm

It's a little to close to housing and I do believe that is within Tucson city limits. We used to have a small site down the road and it got shut down by TPD because it was within city limits. If you want east side then you should look further out of town. I have been wanting to do some searches and research between the Sonoita Hwy exit and Marsh Station.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby AlexDean on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 pm

well even with AO's out of city limits out on the east side, there is still the sheriff's office to deal with. ...isn't there?
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby quadro on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:The usual rule of thumb is anything outside city limits that is not state trust or marked as private property with no tresspassing is fair game. I'd say if the local beat cops and nearby owners are cool with it then their is no reason it could not be used, at least untill the homes encroach too far... Just my thoughts

Took me a while to find it but this is what was posted on the old site about new AO's.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:10 am

As pointed out the proposed site above is illegal. It is well within city limits. Playing there would result in bad light for the sport and likely some confiscated equipment.

County land is fine so long as we are not within eye sight of major roads or structures. Yes Sheriffs have jurisdiction and *can* ask us to leave, but the public county lands are legal and they usually dont give us any problems.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby dejavu on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:56 pm

I honestly feel that we have, for the time being, adequate AOs around town that aren't too much of a drive and which don't conflict with any laws, locals, and law enforcement. I would say that the only new AOs should be particularly unique environments which offer something that the other TAC AOs don't posses. Otherwise, there's really no point in going to a new AO just to have the sheriff's dept. or the 5-0 role up thirty minutes later to shut us down.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby clayton on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:11 pm

sheriff conserts pima county
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion