NWOP Troubles

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

NWOP Troubles

Postby Savage on Sat May 29, 2010 10:57 am

Until further notice, NWOP is off limits. We had sheriff out there today, (5/29/10). The person who gave us permission to play on the private property seems to have changed his mind.
Until this is sorted out, DO NOT PLAY at NWOP. When (if) this is sorted out, we will require a TAC member to have written permission from the cement company to play.

This is not a discussion thread. Only helpful information to follow.
NWOP should be playable. Do not drive in, park next to the bridge as always, and hike it in.
Last edited by Savage on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Re: NWOP Troubles

Postby dejavu on Sat May 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Yeah, this is odd. Funny how we've been playing here for years and then we get this "ban" out of the blue.

Is the entire area actually private property? I can't see it being possible for an individual to own the land under the bridge and the rest of the wash where we actually play...

edit: if the NW thread in the AO info. section is still correct, the land we in at NW is unincorporated land, not owned by the cement company.
Last edited by dejavu on Sat May 29, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby clayton on Sat May 29, 2010 3:02 pm

bright side is, we still have ironwood
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon May 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Ok... I don't know if anyone caught it, but it was the pedestrian that passed through the AO during the game that called the Pima Co. and said we were trespassing on land she was trespassing on. I am checking through a source of mine right now to see if they even have the power to run us off in the first place lol.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Savage on Mon May 31, 2010 7:32 pm

They do, it's Concrete Co. land, and the 'Andy' guy apparently claimed that we have no right to be there. All I can say is that by being dicks about it, we're not going to get anywhere. Currently waiting on someone with a green name to come in and offer us options.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:52 am

Savage wrote:They do, it's Concrete Co. land, and the 'Andy' guy apparently claimed that we have no right to be there. All I can say is that by being dicks about it, we're not going to get anywhere. Currently waiting on someone with a green name to come in and offer us options.

I'm working the problem now guys, please don't do anything to piss off any pima county officials or the sheriffs office. It is county flood control land not the concrete company. Going by other activities they cannot run us off but I'd like to get the go-ahead from someone in law enforcement before we return. So.. stay cool about it, point your LEO friends my way, and slate games in other venues for a couple weeks. Ill update as I have more.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks kiley, you deserve more credit than you get for handling things like this.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Savage on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:05 pm

Kiley is pretty much the backbone of TAC.. Without him and his gender-confused forum name, Tuc-sun airsoft would be.. DP. :?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Buffalo on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Savage wrote:Kiley is pretty much the backbone of TAC..

Second that! Kiley, if you ever need help with anything, like making phone calls or getting paperwork filled out, just let me know!
Buffalo
Buffalo
TAC Secretary

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion