OP Hunters

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

OP Hunters

Postby Exarach on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Its time for a change. I am sitting here, day by day, and slowly watching the few remaining safe AO's, especially large op areas, get whittled away. Its time to change that.
What I am proposing is either a few dedicated people or a large group of general guys chiming in Ideas, or both, In regards to actively searching for, finding, and establishing new AO's.
There have been seen several topics pop up and vanish on this topic, and hopefully this wont be one of them.
I am talking about full setup of safe play areas, even the included guidelines. Finding a great location, snapping a pic/gps mark, then referencing with the landmaps/owners and finally getting written/verbal permission to use the land, as well as anything that the owners/operators would require in terms of use. IE, a phone call or an email before we go out, ect.
I am sure many people do this already, what I am proposing is a unified "Team" if you will, of guys that put a lot of time and effort into the finding and researching of new Ao's.

I was wondering if this is just crazy, or unneeded, or if anyone would be interested in participating in an effort such as this.
Figured I would through it out there and see what you guys gave me in the way of feedback.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Re: OP Hunters

Postby dejavu on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 pm

I think we should start looking at some areas on the backside of the Catalinas (I know there was some areas being considered a while back), and even some further away areas. If we can get into the higher elevations, and with permission if we are still in the Coronado Forest, I think we could get some awesome games together with some serious players. If if people don't want to make the longer drive, then it's probably because they aren't particularly serious about these larger-scale games and AOs.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby krash on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Patagonia area?? green Valley?? long ago there where some cool spots out there.

there is still a ton of land behind sasco we could use that we never every go to. DUE west, there a several miles of land before you hit the park.
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 pm

dejavu wrote:I think we should start looking at some areas on the backside of the Catalinas (I know there was some areas being considered a while back), and even some further away areas. If we can get into the higher elevations, and with permission if we are still in the Coronado Forest, I think we could get some awesome games together with some serious players. If if people don't want to make the longer drive, then it's probably because they aren't particularly serious about these larger-scale games and AOs.

Cataline district Forest Service wont play ball with us, I have been working on them for a year or two now. We can get Nogales district cooperation with the right pitch as well as Safford district.

I like the idea of getting more heads and eyes in the mix. I'm constantly looking but I can only cover so much ground in my free time and it gets a bit discouraging once you enter the research phase and find out its either A) fenced off and marked no trespassing or B) State trust land. What I keep hoping to see is a player who has family land we can use...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Buffalo on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:44 pm

I remember seeing quite a bit of interesting land on the way to SASCO through the back route. The area there is filled with vegetation (perhaps too many cacti) and has some rise & fall to it. I have seen a few camp sites out there, so I would be curous to see who owns it, and if we can use it.
Buffalo
Buffalo
TAC Secretary

Postby Savage on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:36 pm

On the far side of the hills past SASCO could prove interesting
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Ghost Brandon on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:58 pm

You could try to go North towards Oracle, theres a back road to Mount Lemmon (its dirt) from Oracle it may be to far out for most to travel but its completely different they have streams and caves (both probably on state land) but other than that its nice and cool and plenty of pines (best of all it does snow back there). I'll do some more research before I say more. But its just an idea.
(M16, M14 Fanatic)
A&K M16A4 (TM M16A1 Gearbox)
CA M14
WE 1911
Ghost Brandon
Private 1st Class

Postby krash on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:08 pm

I always wanted to go to the Florence Dam?? not sure if that is the name, saw pictures of it long time ago bit never seen any new traffic there or recent games that I know of, where, why, who has been there that knows???
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby AlexDean on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Ghost Brandon wrote:You could try to go North towards Oracle, theres a back road to Mount Lemmon (its dirt) from Oracle it may be to far out for most to travel but its completely different they have streams and caves (both probably on state land) but other than that its nice and cool and plenty of pines (best of all it does snow back there). I'll do some more research before I say more. But its just an idea.

I was actually up there near Summerhaven on sunday. I couldn't stop thinking to myself how cool it would be to play airsoft up there.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Could we find out who owns it?
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion