Found New AO in Safford

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Found New AO in Safford

Postby AlexDean on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:44 pm

KileyHAZ wrote: We can get Nogales district cooperation with the right pitch as well as Safford district.

I was in Safford this weekend visiting my grandparents. My grandpa Ron and I started to chit chat about Airsoft and he told me he knew of a place out there people go to play paintball and airsoft. So we took a drive to the AO and i was surprised to find an actual CQB Field made almost entirely of Tires. And i was amazed by he size of it as well. It's about the size of a high school football field. There is even Ramadas out there by the playing field with grills and restrooms (not porta potties lol). I only got one picture of a ramada but there is others within walking distance.
Further down the road is the care taker's house. He is actually a police officer for safford as well. I talked with him and asked him if we needed any type of reservations and what not, he said the only thing we might want to do is contact the town hall and make a reservation if we are going out there with a huge group and want the spot to ourselves. But other than that, we dont need any permission of any type to play. There is even two shooting ranges for rifles and side arms as well as an R/C airplane run way. I also saw some guys out there riding dirt bikes in what looked like man-made dunes. So all this is in 3-4 square miles, and i guess its kinda like a recreation park.
Since it's in Safford which is a 2 hour drive from Tucson, it might have to be an all-day type of thing or we could even camp out the night there. The care taker said people bring their RV's out and camp all the time. Just a suggestion.

Here is my photo album of the place:
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/ ... ford%20OA/

Edit: Pictures dont really do it justice, it looks a lot better in person.
Last edited by AlexDean on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Re: Found New AO in Safford

Postby ultimentra on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:11 pm

That looks awesome. If JAG hosts a game here and I can find a ride, I would go.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Ghost Brandon on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Great find
(M16, M14 Fanatic)
A&K M16A4 (TM M16A1 Gearbox)
CA M14
WE 1911
Ghost Brandon
Private 1st Class

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:39 am

Great find! While the travel time would put a damper in using it often it seems like a legit alternative. Great recon work Alex.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby AlexDean on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Thanks guys. If anyone is planning on being out there or wants to go take a look at it, just pm me and ill give you the directions.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion