toxic airsoft

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: toxic airsoft

Postby Striker on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:11 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:stopped at DP to get Green Gas,asked about the Toxic AO 'They are players we kicked out of DP for not playing by the rules"..
Im going to Toxic for sure now

Hopefully its not the truth. If it is, we could always rent out the field, if its worth renting, and hold a private "only cool TAC guys" day or something. I just wont be invited then.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby ryukensfj on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Striker wrote:
IconarmsDealer wrote:stopped at DP to get Green Gas,asked about the Toxic AO 'They are players we kicked out of DP for not playing by the rules"..

Hopefully its not the truth. If it is, we could always rent out the field, if its worth renting, and hold a private "only cool TAC guys" day or something. I just wont be invited then.

Well they also might be saying that because they are a competitor? I guess we won't know for sure until we try it ourselves.
ryukensfj
Corporal

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:39 am

Anyone know how far down Pantano it is? I tried driving down Pantano a little ways, to take pics from the outside, but never found the field. I may have not driven far enough, though.

This will not be a route for low cars, as there's a gravel speed trap at the entrance to get onto Pantano, and the road is about as rough as SASCO.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby ben on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 am

Turn right on Los Reales Rd off of pantano i think.
ben
TAC Vice President

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 pm

ryukensfj wrote:
Striker wrote:

Well they also might be saying that because they are a competitor? I guess we won't know for sure until we try it ourselves.

Yes I thought they may have said that due to a bit of competetion. Having played with a few so called DP players I cant figure out what rules folks could have broken.
If we could, as a Group [TAC] rent the whole place for 5-6 hours we can play by TAC rules, and let Toxic provide Staff!
Its worth a shot lets give it a go. Im sure the 49Th would be up for a trip out that way to give it a once over.Heck the simple fact theres not PAINT everyplace is enough to make me want to give it a try. Is there any solid contact info, names Tele #'s and what not?
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:30 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:Yes I thought they may have said that due to a bit of competetion. Having played with a few so called DP players I cant figure out what rules folks could have broken.
If we could, as a Group [TAC] rent the whole place for 5-6 hours we can play by TAC rules, and let Toxic provide Staff!
Its worth a shot lets give it a go. Im sure the 49Th would be up for a trip out that way to give it a once over.Heck the simple fact theres not PAINT everyplace is enough to make me want to give it a try. Is there any solid contact info, names Tele #'s and what not?

Icon that is exactly the route I am taking with my approach to them. I'm down to give it a shot on their insurance but Im sure as heck not hosting (or getting behind someone hosting a game in TACs name) in my own name with anyone that young.

Guess we will see where things progress once they open.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm

I have some intel: Again today I need to go to DP for a speedloader. while there the Toxic field was brought up.If you guys recall I recounted a Game against a so called DP team that was a total Cluster ^$%^. Come to find out it are these very players that were kicked out of DP,and in fact [according to a DP spokesman] were NEVER sponcored by DP. If this is true then expect a 10,000 Round 12Volt Lipo batter powered , Hose fest.
Im not taking DPs word and Im still willing to give it a go.
I Told DP Build a Field dedicated to Airsoft, Ask for local Teams in put, back it and let us [TAC TEAMS/MEMBERS} set the rules and you will have gained a lot more support than you [DP] currently have. I pulled no punches and gave then the reason we as Airsoft/mil;-simmers do not like going/paying to play at a paint covered AO.
While they didnt stand up and do back flips they didnt say No either....
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Striker on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Icon, if you can get them to do a damn single thing, i will personally commend you. Ive never gone to DP, because i have a sense of self-preservation, and if toxic is going to be the same thing, it will disappointment me greatly.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby yellow_fever on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 pm

So I went down to Toxic today to grab a quick shot of the whole field thus far to show you guys. Instead we got a full tour of the place, courtesy of the folks working there. They were just putting the finishing touches to make it playable.

Ten acres total, three fields inside that. This image is a view of the whole place as you see it on the approach. The closest and smallest field with the bales of straw is apparently a pistol-only field. The field furthest away on the right with the choppers is the Vitenam field, the second largest. It's got a "dry lake bed" they dug out and put two boats in, plus the obvious helis and what's basically a shanty town in the middle.

Lastly, the biggest field on the left is the "Modern Warfare" field, complete with giant shipping containers, four cars, half an airplane, and a good sized bunker in the center, plus lots of garbage all over.

As far as playability goes, it looks like a good amount stuff to use, without being severly cluttered like a certain paintball field we know of. There are enough hard points to make advancing through certain areas more difficult, but for the most part, cover looks like it will encorage movement and some coordination and planning. Just my impression, anyway.

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... 20opening/

The first few pictures are of the ready area and the road alongside the field (the posts are for the fence they were about to put up), as well as some of the land they have for future use. On that note, basically this group built the place on land owned by a friend, who is supposedly going to allow them more space depending on how everything goes. I asked them what their plans were for future expansion, if any, and they told me not only do the plan on doing exactly that, they would at some point like to use a portion of land for the more "crawl around in the bush" TAC people. They were also looking for active input from the community, which if nothing else is a great attitude, I think.

Anyway, thought I'd dump this here to give everyone a little clearer picture. I'll be taking more pictures tomorrow, too, and report back (as I'm sure anyone else going will).
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby joebo on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

for all the teams out there

I would like to begin Team Competitions on Sunday's, so from here on Toxic Airsoft will give a 25% discount to all Teams (MUST have MIN 5 members) Field Fees every Sunday. Beginning Sunday March 27th, Toxic will start recognizing new teams from all over and then in April, date unknown as of now, Toxic will start The Only Team Competitions for Cash & Prizes. -Toxic Airsoft

Edit:
All Teams MUST be Registered with Toxic Airsoft and have played on our course as a team for a minimum of Three Sunday Sessions to become Eligible to compete in Any and All Upcoming Tournaments, which will begin in April. Every Airsofter always talks about how great they are, now it's time too see "Who Are The Best Airsofter's" in Arizona. For more Info regarding TEAM RECOGNITION and TEAM EVENTS, stop by the field or message us on Facebook and I will reply.
-Toxic Airsoft
joebo
Private

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion