Mt. Lemmon AO 2011

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Mt. Lemmon AO 2011

Postby The Honey Badger on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I will start by saying this... I took on the task a couple months ago of trying to get with USFS and obtain permits for the Mt. Lemmon area. I have called the Sabino ranger station off and on looking for a single person.

Today, that person answered the phone. He didn't want to talk about the sport and had many misconceptions about airsoft, thinking it the same as paint ball. In the end, he didn't want to talk to to me.

In short Sabino/Catalina/Mt. Lemmon areas are right out for as long as that gentleman is employed at that station.

I will recant the conversation to anyone that would like to hear it in person, but I will not post it.

We have enjoyed many games in Santa Rita in the past. The Rangers there are quite understanding about our hobby and see that we are no danger to the wildlife and vegetation there. Sabino on the other hand do not want anything to do with us. Lets just leave it at that.

By the way, this is not a discussion thread. I just wanted to get the information out.

Trent
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Re: Mt. Lemmon AO 2011

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Doh.

Well that's alright. It seems 90% of our games are at Silverbell anyways, with big ones leaning towards SASCO.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:22 pm

For now it seems NWOP, SBOP, and SASCO is what we have... Im looking into BLM right now but the site is a bitch to navigate.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 pm

NWOP, SBOP, SRBG, SASCO, and IWOS. Also have contacts to setup an additional one in SR and also on Mt Graham. I beleive Alexdean also had a lead on a lower safford AO and of course DP and Toxic. Wow, thats alot of acronyms.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:47 pm

In the year I've been here, I've never seen a game at Ironwood.
Safford seems a little far, might as well include some Phoenix and Casa Grande ones if we want to roll with that.
I know there are a lot of fields that are private in Casa Grande, and you won't be able to attend events unless you're invited from AA.

And as for DP and Toxic... I don't consider them fields, more like establishments.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Is Ironwood BLM?
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Thank you Trent for at least trying. I had assumed from jump that it would be out. On a long shot, if Santa Rita dept were to contact Catalina dept, do you think it would have any impact on their judgment? I know they got their hands full right now with the fires, but i'm thinking farther down the road.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Striker wrote:Thank you Trent for at least trying. I had assumed from jump that it would be out. On a long shot, if Santa Rita dept were to contact Catalina dept, do you think it would have any impact on their judgment? I know they got their hands full right now with the fires, but i'm thinking farther down the road.

No, that dude I talked to has made his mind long before he was talked to. Probably the reason he never called Kiley back before.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:40 pm

It's a shame. There are some real cool areas around that mountain. Thanks for trying.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:57 am

TJC10 wrote:Is Ironwood BLM?

Yes I think so.

We don't usually use it because it doesn't have any real distinct features. Its over grown enough to disappear in a few feet but other then that its desert... Just wanted to be clear we had options.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Next

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion