two guns az

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: two guns az

Postby Polie on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:50 am

Striker wrote:Go to google, and type in bagdad AZ.

King of the hill game in Bagdad???

Polie
Recruit

Postby Bullseye on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Stupid side note dept.

Two Guns made national news back in the '70's when a tanker truck exploded while refueling the one gas station in town. Just about leveled the whole town....
Bullseye
Executive Advisor

Postby krash on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:45 pm

I talked to owners, he did not day no but did not say yes yet

too worried about injuries and court to listen to everthing I was telling him

BUT

we MIGHT get to use it as in a pay to play, I will let you know how it goes but don't hold your breath

HE did know about paintball, and now knows about airsoft because of my call

My last question to him was if he allowed hunting? No answer,
folks do go out there to look around and take pics, what would happen to them if they fell and got hurt on his land???
would they sue or can he have them arrested for tresspassing even is there are no signs?????

and if we had around $400,000 he would sell us the 40+ acres that make up the area around the buildings, cave, trading post etc..............
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:54 pm

krash wrote:I talked to owners, he did not day no but did not say yes yet

too worried about injuries and court to listen to everthing I was telling him

BUT

we MIGHT get to use it as in a pay to play, I will let you know how it goes but don't hold your breath

HE did know about paintball, and now knows about airsoft because of my call

My last question to him was if he allowed hunting? No answer,
folks do go out there to look around and take pics, what would happen to them if they fell and got hurt on his land???
would they sue or can he have them arrested for tresspassing even is there are no signs?????

and if we had around $400,000 he would sell us the 40+ acres that make up the area around the buildings, cave, trading post etc..............

Ha Ha Ha, you beat me to it Krash. Here is what I dug up:
APN Parcel Address (Physical)
40662001A
Owner Primary
HISTORIC TWO-GUNS PROPERTIES LLC
Mailing Address
302 N VERDE ST
FLAGSTAFF AZ 86001
Subdivision
Lot Parcel Area
246.07AC
Legal Class
VACANT LAND

Sadly 400,000 is way out any of our ranges even collectively. I hope he is willing to work with a pay to play I think that is quite doable. Be sure to show him our waivers as well, we could pen him right into that as well for a one off event. It would be cool if he would allow us annual use for it for a major op like combat challenges stuff. If there is anythign I can do to help out let me know.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby krash on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Kiley
you still got my number?
If so, call me when you have time I can give you the owners name and number I would like to forward him the wiaver and the names of the contact you have built up with forest service and desert fox to show him we are not a bunch of crazies

He has a partner so if we can reach out to them provide proof of our intentions and past experience he might comae around..............
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:40 pm

krash wrote:Kiley
you still got my number?
If so, call me when you have time I can give you the owners name and number I would like to forward him the wiaver and the names of the contact you have built up with forest service and desert fox to show him we are not a bunch of crazies

He has a partner so if we can reach out to them provide proof of our intentions and past experience he might comae around..............

Probably best to leave you as the primary point of contact for now. My advice would be to give him a buzz, let him know that you'd like for us to have a chance to convince him we are on the up and up and responsible. Get his email address and tell him one of your organizers will be reaching out to him on it with some examples of the waivers we use and some club references. May be worth letting him know we could arrange pay-to-play terms with him and make them a little cash for the use. Then drop me his email and I'll contact him and cc you so he is not blind sided by my introduction or our pitch.

If they bite we can try one event as a interest gauge. If it goes off with glowing reviews we can expand into a quarterly or biannual event with ease I'm guessing.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Striker on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:10 pm

One thing about this pay to play:

Im just snowbaling in my mind, but the amout each player would have to pay to have a total amount that would peak the owners interest would have to be decent, as in a few hundred dollars. I could be totally wrong on this, but dont feel like paying $50 to play, plus time and travel cost associated with this...
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:03 am

Striker wrote:One thing about this pay to play:

Im just snowbaling in my mind, but the amout each player would have to pay to have a total amount that would peak the owners interest would have to be decent, as in a few hundred dollars. I could be totally wrong on this, but dont feel like paying $50 to play, plus time and travel cost associated with this...

$10 times 40 players is $400 for a day
$20 for 40 players is $800 for a day

Or Combat Challenges Veteran price
$130 for 40 players is $5200 for the weekend

It really adds up to who holds the event and whether they do a good enough job to make the drive and money worth it. Is $20 and a 5 hour drive worth it if we let any Joe Schmo organize and event out there which consists of 4 hours of force on force? No. Is it worth it for a day of nonstop milsim play like we would see at one of the days of Balkan Hammer or LC? Sure is and then some.

Its foolish to guess at amounts right now until we get with the owner make a pitch and then ask for some negotiating room. He may do it for enough to but he and his partner and their families a nice steak dinner or it may be a $1000+ dollar price tag, we don't really know yet.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:09 am

Krashes original post has been updated with pictures and cross links to a ghost town site talking about two guns. As you guys can see this town is more then just a few adobe bricks in the desert. I think it would make a great venue for a large event.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby cpt_wonton2 on Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 pm

i think we should talk to sum peeps into letting us host a big ass game, kinda like op irene only AZ style. Have like a three day two nite game with stuff goin on all the time. haha thats the first thing i thought about when i saw those pics
49th Commandos
And may the skulls of my enemies fall to my feet as my trophies...
cpt_wonton2
Private 1st Class

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion