two guns az

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

two guns az

Postby krash on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:35 pm

did a little search on the net and found a ton of pics of an old town from 1900's to late 40's?
lots of buildings, trails, easy acces from highway, not used and not closed off to car travel

think it might be worth a road trip and a visit to county assesors office to fins out the status of the property

THIS could be made into the MOUT course we all wish we had
too bad it is so far away, but if you live near flag it is close

Two Guns az, on the rt66 old road, with an old bridge, zoo, shops, old gas station, post office, trading post.......check it out! You would not think something like that would be so easy to get to and find.

cool name too, imagine TWO GUNS AIRSOFT COMBAT TOWN

MOD UPDATED:
More info here:
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/twoguns.html

krash
Executive Advisor

Re: two guns az

Postby Striker on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 pm

As nice as this would be to use, I dont think we would want to use it. I just googled it, and this place is all over the internet. Not saying its not possible, just not likely... sadly.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby krash on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:04 pm

think about a private lad purchase though, close the gate, chase off visitors, lots of ghost towns are now on private land, ranches even on reservations.........I was just checking out the buildings and land around the site, too sweet
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby Striker on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:04 am

Do you mean one of us buying the land?
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby krash on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:12 am

striker
to give you an idea, I have two parcels, one in wilcox , 1+ acres, not huge but I own it, too bad it is flat, no feature all sand blown dry lake bed type, another 1+ acres in N. Az near St johns, I thought I would end up there when I got old, that land is normal desert stuff, some of these lands can be had for very little and sometimes just pay off any leans or back taxes and bam, it is now yours.

Sasco 'could' be had for the right money.
why not two guns?
when the roads get better and I have time I will make the drive up there just for fun and check it out
who knows, the assesor might say the lands are vacant - abandoned? or it is owned by such and such

BUT maybe it can be rented- leased for a long weekend form said owners, never know til some one askes
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Good stuff guys, I'll look more into this site when I have some free time to lend some additional 'eyes' on the matter as well.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Striker on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:09 pm

I thought SASCO couldnt be bought, because there is much discussion about who owns what and where it is. As for Two Guns, I wish I had google earth to check it out. So where is it in proximity to Flagstaff?

Kinda off topic, but a couple of other places that would be kinda cool to play at in Az are Fort defiance, and Bagdad.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby krash on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:53 pm

it's is about 30 miles east of flag, check your pm I have more intel on this site
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby AZsharpshooter on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Striker wrote:I thought SASCO couldnt be bought, because there is much discussion about who owns what and where it is. As for Two Guns, I wish I had google earth to check it out. So where is it in proximity to Flagstaff?

Kinda off topic, but a couple of other places that would be kinda cool to play at in Az are Fort defiance, and Bagdad.

I have actually heard about bagdad but have never seen it do know where it is? Id like to check it out on google earth.
Primary- G&G GR-16 carbine (M4A1)
Back up- Echo 1 G36C
Secondary- KWA G23F

Just call me Sharpshooter
AZsharpshooter
Sergeant

Postby Striker on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am

Go to google, and type in bagdad AZ.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Next