Sasco, gun safety, and you.

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Sasco, gun safety, and you.

Postby Savage on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 am

Earlier today, someone (no names will be named.) fired off a test round in the staging area at SASCO. The round struck a LIVE .22 round, causing it to ignite and fire. It could have seriously, seriously sucked.

In the future, for ALL teams, events, games, and pickups, I very highly advise to strictly enforce people to step outside of the staging area to a designated spot to test/clear their weapons. We were lucky enough for a.. warning shot. Let's not let the next one kneecap someone, hmm?
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Re: Sasco, gun safety, and you.

Postby Exarach on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Savage wrote:Earlier today, someone (no names will be named.) fired off a test round in the staging area at SASCO. The round struck a LIVE .22 round, causing it to ignite and fire. It could have seriously, seriously sucked.

In the future, for ALL teams, events, games, and pickups, I very highly advise to strictly enforce people to step outside of the staging area to a designated spot to test/clear their weapons. We were lucky enough for a.. warning shot. Let's not let the next one kneecap someone, hmm?

Someone just happened to hit a live 22 round with a 6mm pellet in the right way and with enough force to make it go off......

Nobody was deliberately lining up these shots were they......?
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:49 am

It is a well established fact that the world hates you, me, and everyone else, and makes sure stupid things happen at the worst possible time, every time. That's why we prevent these things from happening at all.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 am

Savage wrote:It is a well established fact that the world hates you, me, and everyone else, and makes sure stupid things happen at the worst possible time, every time. That's why we prevent these things from happening at all.

So yes then?
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:53 am

So no, and stop trolling, then.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 am

Savage wrote:So no, and stop trolling, then.

AH! The nerve is touched. I was not trolling in the least. It is incredibly difficult to set off a .22, contrary to this picture you paint of "accidentally" hitting one with a pellet.

Something is extremely off about this story, including why you would even post it, and your deceptive and circuitousness in your replies are very telling, not to mention suspicious.

Your story doesn't line up, so you are either lying, or lying to cover your ass.

Seriously, you expect us to believe you accidentally managed to hit a .22 shell, literally less then 6mm across, perfectly on the back in order to strike off the primer, with a projectile that is only 5.98mm in diameter, by accident??

You cant set off a .22 from any angle with an airsoft rifle. You cant just shoot it in the side with enough force to cause the round to discharge.

The only conceivable way this could work would be if it was a rimfire, and you hit the back hard enough, with something specific enough, to cause a discharge.

And don't even bother, I just tried it on one of my loads (no bullet), and it doesn't work. The pellet can't even dent the back of the case.

perhaps your pellet ricocheted? And when you went to look you found a .22 casing? I have heard stories of less then safe teens who used to set them off with hammers, but other then a hammer, and a nail to get the point, you would have a hard time having a go.

SO in short,
I believe you have a good and valid point about no firing in the staging area, but whatever happened, be it shooting cars or people, or blind fire incidents, or just bunched panties,

I really and VERY highly doubt you had an accidental discharge of a .22 that happened to be struck by a 6mm pellet while lying perfectly downward and exposing its ass to fire, and then took off across the ground.

As a very firm .22 user, it always seems when someone needs a whipping boy, or something goes wrong, or bullet accidents occur, its always "O ya! .22!"

Its just as safe as any other round, and I wouldn't expect one with an actual bullet in it to go any differently, though i'm not about to go try that.
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 am

More text and more numbers doesn't make you less troll. You were not there, and you are not contributing to anything but your post count. Move on.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:48 am

Savage wrote:More text and more numbers doesn't make you less troll. You were not there, and you are not contributing to anything but your post count. Move on.

HAHAHA
You are hilarious. Don't try to pass me off as harmless because I am showing everyone whatever you are up to.
Rank posting? LOL
Who's the one who came up with an obviously crap story to start a new post about?
Wanted to feel useful?

Stop cluttering the forum up with this garbage
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:12 pm

So, I just did a little experiment...Image
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:12 pm

The Honey Badger
TAC CO