SASCO North Route

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

SASCO North Route

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:31 am

So, I took the girls out for a drive last night in my new airsoft toy (4wd Isuzu Rodeo) and we found the north route into SASCO. This route takes you up coachline (turn off near cattle ranch) and you come back down towards SASCO on Le Osa ranch road. There were some pretty cool areas to play in along the way and the route was much friendlier for 2WD trucks then the current route is due to the flooding at the wash area.

It does add about 30 minutes to the trip and involves opening and closing one Fish and Game gate but overall it was not too hard to find or navigate.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 0ee769140d
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: SASCO North Route

Postby Riptoor on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 am

That will be nice when those washes fill up in the monsoon season.
Riptoor
Private 1st Class

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am

Riptoor wrote:That will be nice when those washes fill up in the monsoon season.

Well this one still fills up I'm sure.... What I was meaning to illustrate is that the current route is so filled up I did not dare take the Rodeo through it and the north route was so low it was a breeze to get through. However, based on where irrigation is directed and water levels down stream the north route may be as filled up or more filled up at any given time. Its simply another route to try not a 100% fail safe way to get there...

Besides the back route through Marana and up silverbell is probably faster for anyone coming from Tucson.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby krash on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:03 pm

I go that way most everytime I stay in Tucson before a sasco game, but

some of the land along the way is on the Monument I they frown on too much use other than hunting (with license) or with off road permit usage(tax collection) for it's use, as you get near the back side of sasco there are spots that can be used, I have camped there and hunted there is the recent past,

along the main trail going in there tends to be alot more cactus than at the sasco site, but the south side of the raod facing towards sasco has some open land, several mountians, gulleis roack formations etc.......would be a big cahge of venue and no paintballers to worry with.
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby Farslayer on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:09 pm

you also can take the back route via silverbell mine road....
Farslayer
Private 1st Class

Postby Striker on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:45 pm

I dont know the exact roads you come out on, but tere are three ways to gt to SASCO; the front road from the freewy, a back road that takes 20 minutes to ge throug, ad another back road that takes about 40-60 minutes to get through(at least at night when your almost out of gas and have to stop because a damn bull sits in the middle of the raod.)
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby Riptoor on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:49 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:So, I took the girls out for a drive last night in my new airsoft toy (4wd Isuzu Rodeo) and we found the north route into SASCO. This route takes you up coachline (turn off near cattle ranch) and you come back down towards SASCO on Le Osa ranch road. There were some pretty cool areas to play in along the way and the route was much friendlier for 2WD trucks then the current route is due to the flooding at the wash area.

It does add about 30 minutes to the trip and involves opening and closing one Fish and Game gate but overall it was not too hard to find or navigate.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 0ee769140d

srry to go off topic but but what you planing on doing to that rodeo.
Riptoor
Private 1st Class

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:05 pm

Riptoor wrote:srry to go off topic but but what you planing on doing to that rodeo.

Started another thread for that topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=438
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion