Moderator: Moderators

Re: nw site

Postby HiSkoolFunf on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:46 pm

I'll meet you there with some TOOLS.
HiSkoolFunf
Private 1st Class

Postby PhaedrusZen on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:44 am

:| It's been nothing but calls every hour, all night. I'm glad there are gonna be more guys going tomorrow than just me, or I might have wimped out....although I might be dragging just a bit. ;)
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks for coming out PhaedrusZen and HiSkoolFunf, it was cool, and the op site looks ALLOT better now that we've cleaned up the trash and built up some defenses! :D

PhaedrusZen, don't forget to post up the pics of all our hard work! :lol:
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby PhaedrusZen on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 pm

That was a good time. We got about 3 bags of trash (we'll need to get them out to someone's car after the Saturday game, they're @ the tree and we had our hands full of tools.) We got a couple of nice bunkers dug and some other cover started around the tree. Sniper's nest anyone? :D We just need to improve the cover for it, but it's exposed anyway and after a game everyone will know where it is, but it's @ least nice for spotting. We also placed some stakes at the boundaries of the Marana/county border, and I left 3 pvc pipes to slip over them inside the tree, so the boundaries are easily visible (I may have been a touch generous on our side...with compass readings, we seriously lose the flag pole and bunkers there by a few feet, so I might have bumped the marker out just a bit. ;) ) HiSkool, Leet or I can show everyone where the pipes go. I think with those up, if the golfers or any runners decide to get cranky and we ever do have LE called, the markers will demonstrate our willingness to play by the rules.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby dejavu on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:10 pm

The Frisbee golfers are literally 3/4 of a mile further south from the flagpole. They play from a berm that circles their "field" but it's quite a walk from where we play. So I wouldn't worry about them. The hikers usually stick to the path by the mountain, so I think we're also covered there. I've honestly never seen anyone in the wash, hold one crazy bum who was smoking weed out of a two liter bottle about 400yards south of where we normally play.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby Friendly Fire on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:48 pm

I wish I would have seen this post earlier! I would have come!

I can't wait to see what y'all did to the area this saturday! Maybe a "Field Maintenance" day could be done every-once-and-awhile! I know that Sasco could use a little clean up and construction too! Sandbags, plywood, trenches would be nice! only problem is the paintballers.....
Friendly Fire
Private 1st Class

Postby PhaedrusZen on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:19 pm

We did have a lady bring her dog down to the big tree while we were working there. And a guy and his kid rode through on dirtbikes. I'm actually surprised we don't see more "traffic" than just the occasional joggers on the road during Saturday games. I know one of the golf baskets is out on the plateau where we used to have bunkers set up. I just thought having the boundaries marked would help our case if they raise a fuss (like the guy who wanted to get into it with you guys). Whether it's far away from where the disc golf course is or not, I think LE would say Marana land is Marana land. This will just help us avoid a pissing match with those guys. ;) FF, I'm definitely down for some work @ Sasco. I wouldn't mind cleaning up the bunkers a bit and fortifying a couple positions up on the black rock plateau. I'm always down, as time allows. :D
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Me an the 49th ahve bee discussing this in depth, we all think that SASCO could definatly use a clean up, and maybe some temporary fortifications we could put up/take down before and after games, so the paintballers wont mess em up. :lol:
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby Friendly Fire on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Well the walls of the bunkers could use a hose down atleast. They are covered in paint!

We'll see what we can do at SASCO sometime. We could dig trenches atleast... even tho thats more work than it seems.
Friendly Fire
Private 1st Class

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 am

Friendly Fire wrote:Well the walls of the bunkers could use a hose down atleast. They are covered in paint!

We'll see what we can do at SASCO sometime. We could dig trenches atleast... even tho thats more work than it seems.

Be very careful about what you consider to alter at SASCO, with its ghost town status you could be committing an offense if you mar the area immediately near the ruins or add trash to it...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion