nw site

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

nw site

Postby krash on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Spent a few minutes there the other day, I have notice a very large amount of new trash building up in that area, It is not all ours but we have to consider that we use it alot and I would like to keep it cleaner when we leave than how we found it............

also since we spend so much time there and play games there we should also start to do some upkeep to the op site.

The fighting hole by the flag is all but gone, flag pole is there but nothing has been made better, or improved. The hole east of the concrete circle is starting to look bad and the painted dog house shot up and turned over, if we want to use it we should relocated it, other waise remove it from there, we should go down the wash we all use and clean out some of the tress, and debris to make it safer to use and use some of that natural brush aorund the creek to conceal our ambush sites.....................

where are the tree platform we talked about long ago with good ropes to climb up to them, what about getting a fund started to buy plastic sand bags and start to build up a few holes, bunkers, maybe more thanuseing the spot

some games should start off by "digging in" setting up a defense position.......I try to look at that spot as my unofficial front yard, I like to think we all want it free of trash, cups, bottles, wrappers.....let's act as stewards to the site so we don't get the big shove off by the powers that be

or am I taliking out my left ear hole? or are we all just going to use it with out putting any effort into keeping it clean or maiking any improevments too?
krash
Executive Advisor

Re: nw site

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:45 pm

I'm certainly on board with doing some cleanup work. Are you imaging a day of doing it (like a specific event for it) or maybe a few impromptu spot checks where we spend 30/60 minutes doing it over the course of a few weeks?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby krash on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:54 pm

yeah, if we say that this sat is about cleaning up, 20% will show up

but if we say, everytime we go out we could get "on line" and do a sweep of said area, incoreporate it into something fun then we might get 75% participation, if that........it would have to take several attempts to get it really cleaned out and this is not just for this site but for sasco too, it will make it better for all of us I think

I would hate to think about the spot I found with all the broken glass and some one falling ontop of all that stuff....

lets all think about how and when and make it happen, little by little not go crazy trying to fix it in one day. My .02 cents
Last edited by krash on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby BIO on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Im in.
I remember a game where Reaver had us build a base before the fighting started.Then we had to defend our base against attacks.
That might be a good way to get everyone involved.Wright it into the scenario.
I will supply trash bags.
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby ultimentra on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:41 pm

As long as its early on saturdays like the games or its on a sunday I can come. I know boomer had an idea like this that he pitched to me too. I would like to come, help find some use for things out there.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:56 pm

ultimentra wrote:As long as its early on saturdays like the games or its on a sunday I can come. I know boomer had an idea like this that he pitched to me too. I would like to come, help find some use for things out there.

I liked Boomers Idea, make it an event, have a BBQ and some simple games after the cleanup. Make it sound fun, and more people would show up, I for one am Happy to help out, especially if we had a BBQ or something for some added motivation, and we can all pitch in to bring the food/refreshments. And it counts as service for BSA guys, I know Im not the only one... :D
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby BIO on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:36 pm

I think its kinda sad that added motivation helps inspire some to keep their field clean.
Me for one,It just doesn't cross my mind,but when brought to my attention, I feel bad for not doing it and it wouldn't take any motivation to do it.
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby krash on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:59 pm

it is no big deal, I almost wish I did not bring it up in a way.

It would be nice if we all just pulled a small bag out with us on the way out or start a bag during the games and take it out when we left, not trying to make the place perfect but the glass has to go, some of the other stuff I know "we" took there...............

besides the clean up; the upkeep would be fun (for me) I like re-digging the fighting hole by the flag pole for my own exercise and a couple other spots that needed to be cleaned out and would like to get out by the trees by the pond.
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby BIO on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:09 pm

I agree with ya 100% Krash.
There are many things that would improve the field and not be an eye sore.I think its a very good reminder to us for improving our chances of keeping these areas
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby PhaedrusZen on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 am

Kind of short notice but I'm down for some field maintenance Wednesday morning. I know it's a weird time and in the middle of the week, but if anyone else is bumming around, I would love the company. I'd like to scope a viable site for a new South bunker to counter the nice spots to hole up on the north side of the field, and maybe improve the defensibility of the big tree some more. I'm figuring on finishing off with some trash pickup, but might have to stash the bags under the bridge for the time being unless someone else can haul it (I'll be rollin' Harry & Lloyd style on my pimpin' scooter). Let me know if there's any interest, but I'll be out there at least doing a little cleanup (for the exercise if nothing else). I should be there around 7:30 or 8.

***Just looked at the "new posts"...man I feel like a post whore! :oops:
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Next

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion