nw site

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: nw site

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:26 pm

PhaedrusZen, I would be down for it, wed morning sounds good.
I think starting a little earlier would be better tho(6:30-7:00 to beat the heat), but 7:30-8:00 is ok too.
I can bring some trash bags and a shovel or some other tools too. I have been trying to get someone over there with me to clean in up since I first read this thread back in Feb.
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby PhaedrusZen on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm heading there right from work, so start time is only limited by the time my work relief shows up, and the speed of my ridiculously awesome scooter. :lol: (translated- 7-7:30 is pretty much the earliest I'd possibly be able to make it.)
If you don't see me, I probably just took my scooter all the way into the site.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:20 pm

kk, sounds good :D

I am having trouble getting a car for that day(lots of stuff going on) but Ill get there one way or another!
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby PhaedrusZen on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Hey, Leet, you don't have any metal stakes by any chance do you? 3 is all I need for tomorrow.
***Edit*** Scratch the stakes, I got a hold of some, but a sledge would be nice if you got it. :D

Kiley, I've got another map that shows more detail on the Marana boundry. It has the blue and white boundry map you posted up in the information thread overlayed on an ortho map....not looking pretty for NWops. :(

http://64.119.43.3/imf/output/map9311.pdf

I didn't realise how much of the field got cut off by the new boundry.
Last edited by PhaedrusZen on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 pm

PhaedrusZen wrote:Hey, Leet, you don't have any metal stakes by any chance do you? 3 is all I need for tomorrow.

Kiley, I've got another map that shows more detail on the Marana boundry. It has the blue and white boundry map you posted up in the information thread overlayed on an ortho map....not looking pretty for NWops. :(

http://64.119.43.3/imf/output/map9311.pdf

I didn't realise how much of the field got cut off by the new boundry.

Yep, the south side of the field is the well these days :(

Personally I think its only a matter of time before we are driven out, so it may be time to put on the AO hunting shoes and start looking for more. DH found some BLM land that works but is sadly not as diverse or located near water, expect that to be shared one day or another.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby PhaedrusZen on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Any other takers for a little pick and shovel tomorrow (6-3-09)?
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 pm

PhaedrusZen wrote:Any other takers for a little pick and shovel tomorrow (6-3-09)?

Sorry, working in Phoenix tomorrow. However, I did want to say thank you for taking initiative and arranging this, it means a lot, to me at least, to see someone who is relatively new to the organization doing some 'foot work'. Bravo!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Ill try to get some buddies over there, if not, two people is enought to do something at least.

Don't have a sledge, but I can bring a few hammers, and a shovel or two, and a rake, and, well, let me know what we need! :lol:
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby PhaedrusZen on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 pm

I'm thinking mostly shovels and a pick are what we'll be using. I've got wire, cord and rope if we need it, as well as a saw, hammer, pliers and a couple of other things. If you've got one or two flat shovels and one round, as well as a pick, that'll be good. My wife is supposed to be stashing a pick and shovel under the bridge for me, as well as some pvc possibly. Anything we do should be unobtrusive, especially to anyone at the disc golf course or the road along the hill. I'm actually looking forward to this. I love building forts!! :lol:
I've got a few large garbage bags too, not sure if we'll need more....I think we should be good. Bring gloves and water! I'm good to work until sometime after noon. I have to get home and then drive back into town for an appointment @ 2, so I gotta keep it within that timeframe. We'll see what we can get done before Saturday's game.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:44 pm

sounds good, Ill be bringing at least 2 shovels, a pick, and some scrap wood and pvc.

this is gonna be FUN! :D
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion