nw site

Public suggestions and discussion regarding current or future AO's

Moderator: Moderators

Re: nw site

Postby PhaedrusZen on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Good point. Are we in communication with the people who on the Sasco area? It definitely needs a clean up, but as far as additional bunkers or things go, better to ask permission than forgiveness in this case. I wouldn't want them starting to think of us the same as the paintballers.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:26 pm

PhaedrusZen wrote:Good point. Are we in communication with the people who on the Sasco area? It definitely needs a clean up, but as far as additional bunkers or things go, better to ask permission than forgiveness in this case. I wouldn't want them starting to think of us the same as the paintballers.

Nope dont have a solid line with them. I don't think cleaning up would hurt us but I would not modify the site in anyway...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby HiSkoolFunf on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:19 pm

We should see if we can resource some materials to make signs out of stating "Airsoft Game in Session" to post at both ends of the NWop site trail for added safety.
HiSkoolFunf
Private 1st Class

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:21 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:
PhaedrusZen wrote:Good point. Are we in communication with the people who on the Sasco area? It definitely needs a clean up, but as far as additional bunkers or things go, better to ask permission than forgiveness in this case. I wouldn't want them starting to think of us the same as the paintballers.

Nope dont have a solid line with them. I don't think cleaning up would hurt us but I would not modify the site in anyway...

Couldn't we put up temporary modifications(camo netting, temporary walls, exc.) as long as they were taken down when we left, and they didn't damage anything on site?
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby Friendly Fire on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 pm

HiSkoolFunf wrote:We should see if we can resource some materials to make signs out of stating "Airsoft Game in Session" to post at both ends of the NWop site trail for added safety.

I was thinking the same thing:

AIRSOFT MILSIM IN PROGRESS
DO NOT CROSS THIS POINT WITHOUT ANSI ..... RATED EYE PRO.

etc. etc.

all in red like an A51 sign haha
Friendly Fire
Private 1st Class

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:32 am

I think we have to be careful what we do with signs and such. A friendly heads up would be good, but anything like a sign restricting access without eye pro (regardless of the fact that it's there for safety) would probably make some of the runners/walkers get vocal. I'm sure they'd use some lame argument like "if it's not safe for me to walk down this path without special protection, should you be out here?" The couple times I've been out there, there have always been runners and we just call blind man and suspend play until they pass. I would hate to have an old lady feel like we "intimidated" her from walking fluffy down a public access road because we were trying to be considerate. Something to think about.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby Friendly Fire on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:14 pm

PhaedrusZen wrote:I think we have to be careful what we do with signs and such. A friendly heads up would be good, but anything like a sign restricting access without eye pro (regardless of the fact that it's there for safety) would probably make some of the runners/walkers get vocal. I'm sure they'd use some lame argument like "if it's not safe for me to walk down this path without special protection, should you be out here?" The couple times I've been out there, there have always been runners and we just call blind man and suspend play until they pass. I would hate to have an old lady feel like we "intimidated" her from walking fluffy down a public access road because we were trying to be considerate. Something to think about.

Point taken. The sign could just be stated as a warning instead. The way I wrote it did seem like WE had the rights.
Friendly Fire
Private 1st Class

Postby Striker on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:55 pm

Or you guys could just get the sign Tonk made...
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby Friendly Fire on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Striker wrote:Or you guys could just get the sign Tonk made...

yeah i saw it at bio's place... I just cant remember how it read.
Friendly Fire
Private 1st Class

Postby Striker on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:11 pm

It pretty much states "MIL-SIM in progress".
Striker
Executive Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to AO Suggestions and Discussion