34TH SPECIAL PRP.UNIT SPETSNATZ-VERWOLVES

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Team Discussion forums are provided as a courtesy by the Tucson Airsoft Coalition staff. To acquire your own team discussion forum you may request one from an admin or moderator if the following two conditions are met:

a) You have 3 or more active players to fill the team
b) Your team captain is a fully paid and papered member of TAC

Moderation staff reserves the right to close a team discussion forum if the team that requested it is inactive for a prolonged period of time.

34TH SPECIAL PRP.UNIT SPETSNATZ-VERWOLVES

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:42 am

CAMMANDOS-

Would like your input on this topic- I would like to suggest that we have a RUSSIAN impression as our secondary uniform. Inlarger events such as BALKAN HAMMER we could blend forces with other groups who have a Russian contengent.

Items each player would need
UNIFORM:Camo,undershirt, belt with buckle,
KIT:Magazine pouches,Chest pouches, Optional Steel helmet, canteen and Gas mask carrier
WEAPON: Aks, RPK SVD
Last edited by IconarmsDealer on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Re: Secondary uniform impressions

Postby ultimentra on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Well desert hawks do russian as well. So I think we should come up with something completely unique. How about something along the lines of a PMC? Mercs, hired guns, top secret organization with a sci-fi appearance? I think that would be quite a bit more awesome than a copy of D-hawks russia.

Colors: Black and Urban Camo (no one else does this!)

Loadouts: Main weapon, side arm, black vest, make it look very clean and futuristic.

Weaponry: Basically any kinds but futuristic looking weapons would be cool IE: P90, AUG, M4, T89, SCAR, etc.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Um well ok being as we run with Multi-cam thats as Modern as we can get in that department. Weapons Perhaps we could add something to our current load out that we can use fore this Modern Mercs atire
Motorcross Plastic body Armor, modded with a Molle set up, and painted in a military look...It can be done in such a way as to make th armor look as if it is metal, with battle damage and all.

Let me be more specific on the Russian idea.
Im not sure if DH do a specific group/ unit of the Russian military
I was thinking the WAREWOLFS, a unit of th Russian Spec-ops, I can obtain the REAl unit patches, and the actual uniforms, and not the Flora, or VSR pattern commonly seen in airsoft... Just an Idea I also have some aquaintances that can/could teach you some actual Russian language for us on the radios....
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby ultimentra on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Didn't mean to make you mad or anything it was just an idea. If you wanna do russia then well do russia. its your team.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Hard to tell on the internet but You didnt make me mad..Heck Im down for Future spec-ops deal AKa stargate type set up.. Im in for several set ups(load outs), and for clarificatiosn its OUR team. thats why I asked for input.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby firebert on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:52 pm

I would be up for a Russian setup, seeing as I was talking to you about gear already. I'm not so sure about the motocross armor stuff thought.. ;) I didn't have a specific unit or look in mind other than something a little different than miss matched insurgents and the standard US forces we already see.

If we go with your Warewolves how much are we looking at for uniforms and gear?
firebert
Private

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Im up for the Russian set up, and I also liked Ultimentra's futuristic/sci-fi/stargate setups Idea, I love stargate!!!
what kind of prices are we looking at for the authentic russian camo/gear?(not including gun) sci-fi seems like it would just be some motocross armor and paint, as well as some urban camo. So if price can be a determining factor, and I dont know the costs of either yet, the cheaper the better is my philosophy!
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:50 pm

motocross armor wouldn't be a necessity for the Sci-fi look. We just need black vests, motocross armor can help with the look but can hinder performance and can be a hassle to deal with in the field. I would rather us be functional AND fashionable. Black vests in front of urban camo would look sick even without motocross armor. Also those of us that don't have Kalashnikov model rifles would have to get one for our russia loadout.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 am

DH does a specific unit impression, its the 45th Recon VDV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/45th_Detac ... e_Regiment

We would welcome another team doing another modern Russian unit or even a historical one. Its a lot of work and effort to get the impressions right but its great eye candy and something to be proud of. Personally, I think the commandos itself is enough of a modern fantasy unit in itself, I would be ecstatic if you guys based your secondary impression on a real unit for a more milsim feel. Good luck, let me know if I can help you track down source info.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:29 pm

The impression will be of Real world Russian Unit. all attempts will be made to be a accurate to the REAL WORLD Russian counterparts as possiable. As Former WW2 Reenactor I am all about accuracy...down to the documents in your pocket, but I wont go that far for the sake of being overly costly. We will stick with the 10Ft rule. '
"at a distance of 10 Feet you must visualy pass as a soldier of the Russian federation"
I do have several friends who speak russian, and could even get some lessons on basic field commands to those who want to tackle that.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Next

Return to The 49th Commandos