Forums

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Team Discussion forums are provided as a courtesy by the Tucson Airsoft Coalition staff. To acquire your own team discussion forum you may request one from an admin or moderator if the following two conditions are met:

a) You have 3 or more active players to fill the team
b) Your team captain is a fully paid and papered member of TAC

Moderation staff reserves the right to close a team discussion forum if the team that requested it is inactive for a prolonged period of time.

Forums

Postby firebert on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm

I was wondering if we would have enough interest in starting our own forums? It would be a place we could post and connect with each other that not everyone in the world would have access to. I can get one setup and going if that's something we would like.
firebert
Private

Re: Forums

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:25 pm

I would be up for it, that sounds like a great idea to me!
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby viperjet on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:34 pm

At this point, I actually am going to say no. TAC has been extremely nice to let us use theirs, and I think until we get more members, we should stick here. It's just one more thing to check. (Email, RSS feeds, news, 97 thousand forums...etc) As far as keeping topics low key, that's what email is for, and I will be sending out a spreadsheet with everyone's email in it along with the meeting agenda. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I would support a forum if we did decide to make one. I think this would be a good topic for the upcoming meeting, so would you like me to add it to the agenda?
viperjet
Private 1st Class

Postby firebert on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Sure.
firebert
Private

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 am

I am interested in looking into this. I have a company web site that I was going to post our team info and some news for public consumption, but there is no forums/ message boards.
Cost and maintnance would be my main concerns.... lets talk about this
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:19 am

Not that I mind you guys making use of the team sub forums at all but I wanted to chime in on this topic. Having our own forums (DH) has made a big difference on how we can disseminate and store training information. The learning curve for our new guys is much shorter now then it used to be because we post alot of the stuff we use and take for granted in a private section of our forums. Its nice not to have to manually teach call signs, radio protocols, and hand signals to each and every new member who comes on board, but yet have it tucked away for future use away from prying eyes. Just my experience, your mileage may vary. :)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:47 am

Roger that. all good, and I would be more than happy to have a four nine commando forum...can you PM me with Info on how to go about this..keep it simple :ugeek: cuz Im a computer Tard!
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Return to The 49th Commandos