Custom Hydrographic Printing

This section for buying or selling of services

Moderator: Moderators

Custom Hydrographic Printing

Postby BigDog on Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 pm

I started my business 2 months ago, originally geared towards gun furniture and gamers, and realized that there is a BIG need within the MilSim/TacSim area. I do custom hydrographic printing on weapons, weapons furniture and/or any tac/loadout gear. You can check more out at my website:

http://www.asylumcustomworks.com

I'd love to see some of the custom upgrades done for you guys/gals, and rock out your gear. I'm willing to do trade work, for the right gear; I'm a noob so don't butt rape me please. :lol:
I'm also willing to give a 30% discount on the services to all TAC members. I'm local, in Tucson, and generally have about 5-7 day turnaround on most items. PM me with any inquiries and prices.
BigDog
Recruit

Re: Custom Hydrographic Printing

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu May 09, 2013 7:59 am

I aint Bio so I am not into butt raping, but could you do a British 2 color Desert DPM pattern on a gun? I didn't see it in the pallets that you had. PM me back if you can and what it may run for a full size AK74M.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri May 10, 2013 3:13 am

Also interested in what patterns (particularly dpm).

What are the characteristics of the coating? i.e What is the texture it imparts on the item, does it withstand friction or heat and what materials can it adhere to?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby BigDog on Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

The film itself can adhere to any material that has been prepped properly and takes on only the texture of what's underneath it. If its a milled piece you can still see the milling, etc...
There are several finishes available but the most I use for weapons systems is clear matte.
As far as 2 color DPM, haven't found it. I found a tricolor DPM that's similar but the vendor is smoking crack for the price he's asking and the quality doesn't pass my QC, from the imaging online.
Desert digital tiger stripe is probably the better option for concealment and camouflage for those wearing the Desert DPM.
Hope that answered your questions. :)
BigDog
Recruit

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri May 10, 2013 12:49 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:Also interested in what patterns (particularly dpm).

What are the characteristics of the coating? i.e What is the texture it imparts on the item, does it withstand friction or heat and what materials can it adhere to?

I asked the same questions lol.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Slim on Fri May 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Wondering what the cost and availability might be for an SVD Dragonov, in either Russian Flora pattern, or Berezka.

Berezka; http://www.soviet-power.com/pictures/17hat.jpg

Flora; https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... toWu52Ql3g
Slim
Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri May 10, 2013 3:22 pm

The Honey Badger wrote:

In PM or did I miss something in your post? I saw the color question but was interested in durability and texture since I have projects that could benefit from the process if it does not make them tacky and it doesn't scratch off the first time you scratch it.

Thanks BigDog, will have to get some work your way in the near future. Do you have a color or pattern menu that gives some options? Maybe a basic list of what you have on hand and then add to it as you source more? If you are ever interested in a website and need a hand let me know, I'd happily negotiate on trade.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby BigDog on Fri May 10, 2013 10:40 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:
The Honey Badger wrote:

In PM or did I miss something in your post? I saw the color question but was interested in durability and texture since I have projects that could benefit from the process if it does not make them tacky and it doesn't scratch off the first time you scratch it.

Thanks BigDog, will have to get some work your way in the near future. Do you have a color or pattern menu that gives some options? Maybe a basic list of what you have on hand and then add to it as you source more? If you are ever interested in a website and need a hand let me know, I'd happily negotiate on trade.

I forgot to talk about the durability.. sorry. :oops:
It's pretty durable. I took my S&W MP15 out in the field to train some guys a few weeks back. I had it slung over my back while walking around and it was banging up against the metal mag of my P220 and while it did have some dings and scratches I was surprised that it didn't have more or ruin my APC/ACU film I had put on the hand guard. Not sure if I can post pics of actual weapons in here to show but I'll at least make a link tomorrow to show you before and after the FTX.

I do have a website that shows what is currently available.
www.asylumcustomworks.com
I am an artist by trade so working with graphics isn't a problem. I downsized what I had previously planned for my website as I wanted it low maintenance as it's merely a showcase versus a site with sales available; maybe in the future I hope. :P
BigDog
Recruit

Postby BigDog on Fri May 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Slim,

I meant to comment on your commando clown .gif

It's nothing short of AWESOME!!! :lol:
BigDog
Recruit

Postby Slim on Sat May 11, 2013 12:09 pm

lol, thanks

and now I see the web sight, so you will have my business as well in the coming future.
Slim
Sergeant

Next

Return to Services