M249 Review

Share your experience with your guns and gear here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This is a place for TAC Members to give the lowdown on their guns and gear

M249 Review

Postby Polie on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:04 pm

I have the a&k m249, it is was VERY reliable out of the box. The stock piston lasted 10's of thousands of rounds. (375fps with .25's and a 20+ROF) I would buy an A&K over a CA any day. (and 2 of the for the price of 1 CA) I bought mine for a little over $220 shipped to my door. I run a 11.1 lipo on it and I am VERY hard on it. I tend to spray allot to keep people down while others can actually get them out. One thing, the bipod is shit and needs to be taken off. I have only used it once where I thought I could have used it, but thats what the sling is for in prone.

I now have a Frankengearbox with different gears and what-not to kinda play around with it. My next step is to see about putting some ceramic 8mm bearings, a faster motor, mosfet with 10rd burst, and a new trigger switch.

I give it a 10+

I paid $30 for an extra box mag for it. All "200" round mags need the tap mod over the motor area. So thats not a A&K issue only. I run lithium AA's and have ordered 3.6v AA size lithium batteries for it to feed faster. I like the 200rd one vs the 100rd mags due to ease of loading. Just pop the cover and dump water bottles of bb's in it.
Polie
Recruit

Re: ELECTRIC BOX MAGS WHO MAKES THE BEST

Postby azsworst on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Thanks for the rundown on the a&k m249 polie, however this specific thread is for box mags of support weapons. I'd actually really like to see your opinion of the m249 in the reveiws sections.
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Re: M249 Review

Postby clayton on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 am

220 shipped., good deal. i thought the cheapest was airsplat...
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Return to Reviews