WTF? this is pretty sick

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WTF? this is pretty sick

Postby Gills on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:52 pm

cpt_wonton2 wrote:well thats ur opinon and its cool, u dont have to join. but for others who would concider it, it cold be a good idea. We should try and capture the realsim as best as possible. GBB are very affordable nowdays; AGM m4- $120 ; well mp5-$110.

It isnt the fps that is a big problem but the spray and praying that is going on. there has been 2 posts about midcap mags and milsim.
If you get lit up yea there are some welts but if the gunner is smart enough and u call urself out u only get hit once or twice.
with Aegs, there isnt much of a line of milsim. its just," there he is SAW his ass!'
then there are the competitions that are midcaps only. those guys have it right.

with these gas rifles, 30 rounds booom boom. you hit one guy for 2 shots 3 if u feel frisky.

i'd say lets endorse lowcap guns like that. If it is a 30 round MAx mag and you dont get lit up for 10secs then fps isnt a problem.

Lets hold a bake sale and hook the team up :D
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby dejavu on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Gills wrote:It isnt the fps that is a big problem but the spray and praying that is going on. there has been 2 posts about midcap mags and milsim.
If you get lit up yea there are some welts but if the gunner is smart enough and u call urself out u only get hit once or twice.
with Aegs, there isnt much of a line of milsim. its just," there he is SAW his ass!'
then there are the competitions that are midcaps only. those guys have it right.

with these gas rifles, 30 rounds booom boom. you hit one guy for 2 shots 3 if u feel frisky.

i'd say lets endorse lowcap guns like that. If it is a 30 round MAx mag and you dont get lit up for 10secs then fps isnt a problem.

Lets hold a bake sale and hook the team up :D

The thing is that in order for this to work correctly, we would still need people to be honorable and not empty their 30 round mag from 20 feet away while shooting at 480fps. There is NO way to enforce any sort of rule limiting people to semi when their can easily switch to FULL AUTO. That's why the current rules specify that in order to shoot above 400fps, an airsoft gun must either be bolt-action, or else must be restricted to semi-auto in a way that there is no way to switch to full-auto while in a game. This would require that everyone deactivate their FULL AUTO on their GBB rifles.

And we have had people come out with GBB rifles, and even they have emptied mags in a few seconds on full auto. I've been fired at by the WE M4, and it was damn intimidating, especially on auto, and definitely after seeing (or rather, NOT seeing) the bbs fly out of the muzzle at 500fps when the owner was adjusting the sights at the beginning of the game.

Even if everyone says that they will abide by some sort of "single fire only" rule for GBB rifles, we all know through experience that honor doesn't bind everyone who comes out to games (look at all of the ghosting that we get at games, no matter where or who shows up).
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 pm

GBB are fine for play, cool even (I dig the recoil), but unless your sporting models that consistently fire under 376 fps with .25 you gamble with getting punted from the game and possibly banned from TAC. So, make sure you do plenty of research and plenty of testing in different weather conditions. The 'oh my gas must have heated up argument' will only get you off the hook situationally so I would not recommend that as a fall-back plan. If you have a history of pushing your luck to the extreme the tribunal may just write you off and ban you for a single offense.

I don't know if I have ever said it before but I'll say it right now:

"TAC Rules are not guidelines; TAC Officers are not your baby sitters; It is your responsibility to make sure your current on all the rules and all your equipment is in working order and within legal limits. Failure to comply can and will result in disciplinary action."
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby cpt_wonton2 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:24 pm

hmm, i know that they have those fps reducing flash hiders, would those do any good? if that happened then full and semi could be allowed. If people are dumb enough to squeeze the trigger for more than three seconds then thats their fault and they better be quick enough on their reload, i know i would be primarily single shot.
49th Commandos
And may the skulls of my enemies fall to my feet as my trophies...
cpt_wonton2
Private 1st Class

Postby Striker on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 pm

cpt_wonton2 wrote:hmm, i know that they have those fps reducing flash hiders, would those do any good?

They dont work like you think. They only work for one shot. Meaning, if you use full auto, any bb after the first one is back at the normial fps of your gun.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby HiSkoolFunf on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 pm

You think they would have adjustable valves for this. But I believe Higher Fps less rounds is perfectly safe. Getting hit with 600 fps probably sucks but doable.

Also maybe at a pickups game we can try everyone doing their loadout with real steal numbers.
HiSkoolFunf
Private 1st Class

Postby Seedy on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:19 pm

I know some of the old Japanese gas guns were known to have pretty crappy performance.
Hardcore airsoft skirmishing wasn't something people really did back then (despite airsoft supposedly having been around since the sixties), the guns were basically just replicas sold to hobbyists and model builders in Japan (and to an extent I feel they still are because for the way we use our airsoft guns in the US- beating the crap out of them in the woods and desert every weekend- I don't think we've seen any manufacturers catering much to hardcore skirmishers. Just the same cheap plastic and pot metal parts and guns year after year. If the only place to get paintball guns was Hong Kong and all the guns were the same quality as our AEG's I don't think that sport would be what it is today. For the most part paintball guns are stripped down and just made to perform, why can't our AEG's be built like that? Different market tho... I guess you have to keep in mind airsoft came from a country where people are not allowed to own guns so they have to make due with replicas and our sport is basically just a side effect of that).
Anyways I heard a lot of the older gas guns (the ones with the hose that ran out the bottom of the grip and went to a tank you wore on your back or something) shot like 50 feet and obviously didn't have hop-ups.
They were mostly just novelties that actually shot something unlike the capgun or model counterparts that are also big in Japan. Then TM came around and started making the electric guns that were cheaper and more reliable and I think thats when airsoft really took off to where its at today.
Seedy
Executive Advisor

Postby cpt_wonton2 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:25 pm

yeah, hmm 600fps would suck. dang, i guess we will have to wait until they come out with lower fps guns. in the mean time we could play with low caps
49th Commandos
And may the skulls of my enemies fall to my feet as my trophies...
cpt_wonton2
Private 1st Class

Postby maestro80 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Well, you could always use 30 round low caps in your aeg's. That's all I use. Plus big +1 on using teamwork and actual tactics to be mil-sim
maestro80
Recruit

Postby Savage on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Guys, this is about a GBB scar that's awfully shiny, not mags, not honor or spraying. Let's try to avoid a lock, please.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Guns and Gear