Echo 1 ASC

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Echo 1 ASC

Postby Gr8llama on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Looking at this rifle and it's pretty nice going the SCAR direction. Concerned about them saying that you still get 350FPS with a .28 bb. They're saying 380-385 with .25s. I know most use 25s. Are .28s even allowed at matches? I mean for anything other than possible a sniper rifle? I wonder if there is a way to bring the .25s to the allowable FPS? I've heard FPS really can't be lowered..can you do anything with the hop up to change this.
Gr8llama
Recruit

Re: Echo 1 ASC

Postby Tonk on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Gr8llama wrote:Looking at this rifle and it's pretty nice going the SCAR direction. Concerned about them saying that you still get 350FPS with a .28 bb. They're saying 380-385 with .25s. I know most use 25s. Are .28s even allowed at matches? I mean for anything other than possible a sniper rifle? I wonder if there is a way to bring the .25s to the allowable FPS? I've heard FPS really can't be lowered..can you do anything with the hop up to change this.

99.99999999999% of stock AEGs will fall with in the FPS limits TAC has set fourth. Echo1s usually shoot close to 400fps with .20 bbs when they are new ....at least the 9 that have passed through my hands have. If you buy it new you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Is this the rifle you are talking about?
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_163&products_id=3885

Keep in mind that the "Barrel Extension" on that thing is an outer barrel only and only cosmetic ...

IMO .... just spend the money and buy a Classic Army (not sportsline)the first time .... I see you wanting to save some cash to see if you like the game but buy a Classic Army and you are gtg. Not to mention a used CA is 100x easier to sell than a used Echo1 should you want to get out.
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Postby Gr8llama on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 pm

That's it. I had heard that about stock guns, but some of the reviews I read said they were getting 380-385 with .25s. Everyone was suggesting .28s.

I looked at the CA, but the SCARs seemed to have a low FPS - 300, I'm guessing that is with .20's...so would be worse with .25s. Isn't FPS somewhat important? I know RoF is important too, but thought you wanted a higher FPS?
Gr8llama
Recruit

Postby quadro on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Fps is somewhat important and rof is just personal opinion. A gun with 300fps w/ 0.20g bb (TM) can shoot the same distance as a gun shooting 400fps because they have a superior hop up. The fps only determines how quick it will get to that range. You can use 0.28g bb's at any game but when at the chrono station they usually supply 0.25g bb's to get a proper reading. Also some of those readings are brand new and the springs have not broken in.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Return to Guns and Gear