TM FAMAS a piece of shit?

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TM FAMAS a piece of shit?

Postby thatoneguy92088 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:56 pm

I had a TM famas. The biggest problem it has is that if anything breaks you are sol. As people have said, the motor is an older kind that fits into the gearbox shell with no room to expand upon it. The motor cannot take very high powered springs, but an m100 should be fine. Some of the parts in the box can be replaced with v2 parts, but not all. The motor is the limiting factor. I had a magazine latch break on mine and being unable to buy any replacement parts, I stripped it and sold the pieces. The Famas is defiantly not a piece of shit and I would really like to buy one again. The JP on the other hand is an OLD clone, before clone makers got their shit together, so steer clear of that.

EDIT*
I saw the beating you took on AA. It is plasticy, but the hop up doesn't really suck that much.
The First Rule of Gunfighting is "Have a gun."
thatoneguy92088
Corporal

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:14 am

ultimentra wrote:I dont think I will need to upgrade it much past an M100 spring and a tightbore barrel. Both of which I am sure it can take. And AZsharpshooter I would appreciate more constructive input. If thats all you have to say then you should have kept it to yourself.

Hey you asked for feedback, he simply echoed Seedys sentiments.

For the record, any flame wars like this:
http://airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/viewt ... =5&t=23126

Will be dealt with swiftly here on this board. Vince is gruff, but if you have meet him in person you know that he says 99% of that shit with a smile on his face, there is no need to take what he says personally until you call him out. N00b, let ultimentra fight his own wars, one day you guys might need some help or advice from one of the older AA guys and might find actual help slow to come forth, just a suggestion...

Back on topic, I think its been pretty summed up, its a decent gun out of the box but suffers from lack of upgrade options and repair parts, so if you go down from wear and tear its probably out for the count.

If your wanting a solid gun in that price range or cheaper that is not part of the STANAG/M4 movment or 'G36 hive' (like that term BTW) might I suggest a Dboys AK variant, I have to say its been my favorite clone so far as far as parts availability/upgradeability and power and reliability out of the box.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:06 am

I like the FAMAS for its looks, if I wanted something outside of G36C and M16 family that worked well I would have gone with the Dboys AK as well. Its just that AKs are getting old for me and I am looking for something different. I also wanted to start making this gun into a video game firearm that it resembles. Thank you for your constructive input kiley. I think I will be fine with my selection. If not, lesson learned and life goes on.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby blitz on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:03 am

thatoneguy92088 wrote:EDIT*
I saw the beating you took on AA. It is plasticy, but the hop up doesn't really suck that much.

TM hop-up are amazing!
blitz
Private

Previous

Return to Guns and Gear