New G&P CNC SR-25 Limited Edition

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New G&P CNC SR-25 Limited Edition

Postby Gills on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Midnight wrote:All of this plus what you have would be a great gun, but you may be able to get something like it for cheaper. Post in the wanted thread for an SR25 full metal body or just get a boneyard one (under $200), then get a good gearbox (about $110), mags (20 each), battery ($40), and hop up including bucking and spacer (~$70)
All of this is estimated $440, and thats before coupon code ("c897r4rh" is 15% off for Evike). .

Thats Exactly what I did and I have a fully upgraded sniper, as much as u can upgrade it. Mine costed me about 400 total though, I went a little cheaper and went with a M16 sniper varient.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby Midnight on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Gills wrote:Thats Exactly what I did and I have a fully upgraded sniper, as much as u can upgrade it. Mine costed me about 400 total though, I went a little cheaper and went with a M16 sniper varient.

Yeah thats the best route if you want a [i]really[i] upgraded gun, because instead of buying an expensive base gun and replacing parts that you won't even use you can just not get it in the first place. Plus you're gonna hate messing with your gearbox after 10 minutes.
Midnight
Recruit

Postby AxisOfOil on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Gills wrote:Thats Exactly what I did and I have a fully upgraded sniper, as much as u can upgrade it. Mine costed me about 400 total though, I went a little cheaper and went with a M16 sniper varient.

Truly completely upgraded for $400? I'd like to see the build sheet on that... if you did it, great job, I doubt that's a repeatable venture though.

Also, remember he asked to be up to 600fps. It's a little harder, and if I'm not mistaken he's already bought the base gun anyways. that $110 gearbox you quoted won't be shooting 600fps... (to top it off, I didn't see anything besides a version 2 gearbox for $110 on there... which won't fit an SR25, to get to 600fps from there he's also going to need a different motor and/or gears and spring... add another 80 to your cost... probably a new piston as well... another 25 or 30... and of course, he didn't want to do the work himself... add a lot of labor to that cost.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Midnight on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:30 am

AxisOfOil wrote:that $110 gearbox you quoted won't be shooting 600fps... (to top it off, I didn't see anything besides a version 2 gearbox for $110 on there... which won't fit an SR25

Just realized that after i posted it. I have a cousin who made his sniper out of an m4 reciever (so he can use m4 parts because they're way more common than sr25s). He used systema parts and im not sure of the spring he's using but its using metal bb's at about 300fps. Although thats probably against TAC rules, it just proves systema parts are tough. Sacrifing some looks you could use an m16 platform for the gearbox and mag compatibility.
Midnight
Recruit

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:06 am

Midnight wrote:
AxisOfOil wrote:that $110 gearbox you quoted won't be shooting 600fps... (to top it off, I didn't see anything besides a version 2 gearbox for $110 on there... which won't fit an SR25

Just realized that after i posted it. I have a cousin who made his sniper out of an m4 reciever (so he can use m4 parts because they're way more common than sr25s). He used systema parts and im not sure of the spring he's using but its using metal bb's at about 300fps. Although thats probably against TAC rules, it just proves systema parts are tough. Sacrifing some looks you could use an m16 platform for the gearbox and mag compatibility.

That's what I did.
I'm shooting right at 500fps on an SR16 (essentially an m4) base. As soon as the new piston comes in, it'll be around 600fps with the new spring.

I can say with absolute certainty that even if I did start under $200 with my base gun, I would still be well over $500 in upgrades alone by now.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Gills on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 pm

I bought a Really cheap base gun for I think on Airsplat for 160ish with shipping and coupons.
The internals I bought a "fully" upgraded gearbox from evike that has an M160 spring. Here is the link:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=31564
The gearbox was 110+ coupon code for 15% off.

I had bought a musumne barrel with new hop up/spacer, came to 60 from airsoftgi

Then I had to upgrade the motor, I run a G&P M160 motor. Came to 70 I belive from evike.

I had also bought a mock silencer for 30 from airsplat to make the barrel 650mm.

The base gun came to Around 420 some with all the coupons, I used coupons on every order that saved me alot of money, About 100 dollars.

The Gears and piston on the gearbox are not THE best, But I plan on upgrading them when they brake, but nothing should brake for a few thousand rounds. They do work for what they are made to do though.

I went the cheapest route, I will need repairs in the future but its not big deal as I have airsoft experiance and a great tech. You can go With a Fancy G&P and spend alot of money for the base gun, But all in all, the internals come down to the same. You will be using a High power M150+ spring. You will be using a Neodinieom magnet motor, steel gears, and a high quality tight bore barrel. There is Some difference between High quality sniper internals and what I did, But not enough difference to have the total come over 1000 dollars. Just because you spend a thousand dollars for parts on one gun will not give it some magic power to shoot like a real gun. Theres only so much u can do to max out an airsoft gun. Well thats me .02
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:03 pm

I agree with a lot of that.
Definitely overspending on the base gun when you plan to upgrade is a big no-no.

However, the internal G&P parts such as the spring guide, piston head, cylinder and cylinder head, gears, and all that random stuff is going to be great.

Probably just needs a decent nozzle and higher spring, motor, bigger/better battery and good wiring (SHOULD include a mosfet for anything hi-power. well, every gun should have one, but especially high power)... new gears are usually a great idea too, just in case. And of course, the best shimming you can manage... proper lubrication and slap it together. Maintenance intervals and long-lasting parts are really important to me at least, that might be the difference. My gun has parts that I'm absolutely sure can handle whatever I throw at it and only have to relube it every 10k rounds or so to keep it happy.

*edit

and, of course, a "silent" piston head/cylinder head and/or sorbothane are extremely helpful at adjusting aoe and reducing gearbox loading on high fps springs.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Midnight on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Ya i had an Echo1 Stag 15 which was $230 before coupon back in december. I used it for a game and it was great stock performance but the wiring broke. I should of send it in to Evike or Echo1 but i waited and tried to fix it myself (which was dumb). Instead of buying a new gun im getting this gearbox.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_518&products_id=29439
I was going to get the Matrix one but this should be just as good plus an m130 for use of a heavier bb. My speculation of JG was eased. I heard alot of good things about it, so i'll save 40 bucks before coupons. I'll add a good tightbore, midcaps, an ris, a peq battery box, possibly an eotech 553, and a krylon tan paintjob (and a little bit of wear and tear) and i have a solid gun. In the mean time im using my old jg g36
Midnight
Recruit

Previous

Return to Guns and Gear