A new gun I am interested in

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

A new gun I am interested in

Postby airsoftguy on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Tell me what do you think about if it is worth buying a GBBR M4 by Inokatsu here
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... ERSION.htm
Last edited by airsoftguy on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Re: A new gun I am interested in

Postby Ghost Brandon on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:15 pm

I've never owned a gas assault rifle but that is defiantly a cool gun. If I had 800 bucks to spend id buy it.
(M16, M14 Fanatic)
A&K M16A4 (TM M16A1 Gearbox)
CA M14
WE 1911
Ghost Brandon
Private 1st Class

Postby airsoftguy on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:06 am

bump
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Postby clayton on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 am

from what ive heard, inokatsu is one of the top manufacturers in the world, on par with G&P, and TOP, inokatsus m4 is said to be the most realistic, high quality, beautiful and flawless GBBs ever made. altough you dont comeby those too often on a feild, that is THE airsoft m4.
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby azsworst on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:12 pm

When it works...
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Postby usafabrad on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Azsworst: My GBB was a WE. I'm not sure what Inokatsu's are like. the issues with my GBB stemmed from poor quality mags (they leaked), a crappy hop-up system, waaaay over powered nozzle, and some cheap pot-metal bits and pieces (like the charging handle). So take it for what its worth. I wrote a huge review of the WE a couple of months ago, check it out, and then do your own research to see if the Inokatsu model has the same issues.
usafabrad
Private

Postby azsworst on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:44 am

From what I've gathered:

It's a lil less than a grand shipped from HK with NO mag, no carry handle....basically the gun itself. Mags are atleast 50$ea before shipping if you can find them.

Everything is high quality steel, aluminum and plastic.

Machining is horrible for the price.

Blowback is great.

Hop up unit is garbage and is recommended to be replaced immediately.

You can't just adjust your hop up on the spot. You have to partially strip your upper and take the hop up unit/inner barrel out.

There's not too much info since the only people who own them can't afford necessities like mags etc. From the little performance info there is, it's shooting around 400+-fps. Haven't found any range reports.

IMO GBBR are pointless. Yes the cool factor is there. Yes, the 'realism' is there. However, for 1k+ I have multiple guns, gear, bb's, batteries and spare parts should my AEG fail (which surprisingly has been quite rare). If you want to be the only kid on the block with one, go ahead. If you want it for the realism, go ahead. But remind yourself you'll mostly be sitting on the sidelines while everyone else plays, or looking at it while it gathers dust in the corner reminding yourself of how realistic it is.

Every GBBR I've read about is plagued with issues. Cool down effect and QC tolerances are the biggest. An after market part will fit perfectly in one gun, and require modification in another. To the OP, no I don't think it's worth it. I can guarantee this rifle (like all the GBBR the have come before it) will be an epic fail, requiring non stop tuning and fiddling. My dboys ak gearbox has only been messed with once in a year, and that was to change out the O-ring and regrease...other than that I was using it religiously every weekend. Stick to the the tried and tested AEG, which has more aftermarket parts and accessories you can shake a stick at. If you must insist on getting an m4, and your willing to spend 1k+, look to get a real one.
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:15 pm

GBBRs are for realism not effectiveness. If you want a cool toy that blows back and such, costs alot of money, and is a great showpiece that can be used in small games every now and then when the conditions allow for it then go ahead. However AEGs are for dependability and effectiveness in terms of reliability tradeoff for performance. If you wanted to get a GBBR then I would go for a sniper rifle as those are more acceptable in terms of performance-reliability trade off. I have seen an ARES AWP .338 used at NWop to great effect.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby clayton on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:28 pm

NHtucson AZ ares aw338 NWOPSITE
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby Savage on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 pm

I know this is gonna make people mad to say this, but for 1k you can get a REAL M4. And, add in the amount you'd spend on parts and mags, you could also shoot it for months with no problems, and feed yourself for almost a year. And that's including ammo into the price.

I very highly advise you don't spend 1k+ on an airsoft gun, unless it's some ungodly amazing, handmade piece of custom work that fires 200 yards, and shoots 50 rounds a second.

*edit* I'm not trying to be a jerk and say 'real-steel, hur hur!', I'm trying to protect you from wasting a very, very large sum of money on something you very well may not end up using much, if at all. Just take, and think of a few things you could do with $1300+++. New computer, new [part name] for your car, or maybe save up another 1000 and get a car! You can get high-speed internet for a year, an Xbox360 with almost a hundred games (If you go to gamestop). You can get a LOT more use out of that money, unless you plan to spend 300 hours ++ actually using that rifle.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Guns and Gear