im new to airsoft please help. Snipers

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

im new to airsoft please help. Snipers

Postby Gameover520 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm buying a sniper and was wondering if these would be a good combo.

the sniper -http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-AGM-VSR-001B.htm

scope - http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-SCP-3940.htm

and also .20 or .25 grams bb's?

thanks for the help.
Gameover520
Private

Re: im new to airsoft please help. Snipers

Postby quadro on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:25 pm

If you are new to airsoft I would not recommend getting a sniper unless you are ready to put almost a grand into it to make it effective for the game.

For that sniper rifle you ARE going to be out gunned by most of the AEG's on the field at any TAC or AA game. I would not recommend it to start off with. The only sniper that is good enough to start with and build/upgrade would be the Tokyo Marui VSR-10. Once it is bulit up you will want to use a 0.36g bb minimum. A good starter gun I would recommend for a new airsoft player on a budget would be an echo-1 as they have the best quality for the money spent.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby AlexDean on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 pm

yeah dude, I dont suggest you get a sniper quite yet. In order to have an effect one that wont be out gunned on the battle field will require lots of money.

plus there is all those other perks that go along with a sniper i.e. you need to be sneaky, stealthy, experienced, patient, ect...

you had your first game today, so just get a good AEG to start out with. then down the road when you get better at the game, get a sniper.

and about tomorrow, I dont think its a good idea to play in wash, there is houses around and its still ilegal in a wash. I dont want to get into anymore trouble with the police, im already having enough trouble as it is getting into the National Guard.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby Gameover520 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:40 am

Gameover520
Private

Postby AlexDean on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 am

Gameover520 wrote:what about this gun instead?

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/erm-jg-g3-097.htm

yea get that. its better than mine, longer range and fps plus it has full metal gearbox...

jealous here..
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:55 am

If you want gun recommendations, list:

Actually, nevermind.

Your 'best friend' AlexDean doesn't want me helping you, instead he wants you to spend money on gear that is awful, so I will step out of this conversation as per his request. Enjoy your terrible experiences to follow.
Last edited by AxisOfOil on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby ryukensfj on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:28 pm

I would order on evike.com, they have one of the best prices. Plus they always have coupons.
ryukensfj
Corporal

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:49 pm

ryukensfj wrote:I would order on evike.com, they have one of the best prices. Plus they always have coupons.

And a terrible track record for customer satisfaction.
They are always out of stock of everything and never notify you until after they have your money. Then they don't even offer apologies, but merely snotty remarks about how it's not their fault and that you should call to make sure it's in stock before they order... and then charge you more for shipping because they only shipped out part of the order in the first place, before telling you that they aren't shipping it all out.

Not to mention the extremely slow shipping to begin with. It can take months to get what you ordered.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:59 pm

AxisOfOil wrote:If you want gun recommendations, list:

are both decent guns around that same price range. I'm sure others have more suggestions, and more experience than alex there.

PM sent. I will say what ever i want to my best friend of 6 years. thx
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby ryukensfj on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:22 pm

AxisOfOil wrote:
ryukensfj wrote:I would order on evike.com, they have one of the best prices. Plus they always have coupons.

And a terrible track record for customer satisfaction.
They are always out of stock of everything and never notify you until after they have your money. Then they don't even offer apologies, but merely snotty remarks about how it's not their fault and that you should call to make sure it's in stock before they order... and then charge you more for shipping because they only shipped out part of the order in the first place, before telling you that they aren't shipping it all out.

Not to mention the extremely slow shipping to begin with. It can take months to get what you ordered.

Wow you must have had really really bad experience with them. You must have pissed of the shipping guy there hahaha, anyways I had good experience with them and I have ordered numerous times from them. Lately they have been a bit slow shipping out the orders but it was at most 1 week. They said they had a unexpected load of orders that month. Before I would get stuff shipped the same day or next day. I called them and they were always very helpful. If they really took "months" to ship you to you then I'm sorry, but you have to be exaggerating or you ordered something that was a pre-order. Something that they really don't have no control over.

When I had something that was backordered, they would ship my items that were in stock first. Then when they got the items in, they would then ship it out to me. I have never been charged extra for the items to be shipped separately. It sounds like you had 1 really bad order from your post.
ryukensfj
Corporal

Next

Return to Guns and Gear