HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR OPIONS

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR OPIONS

Postby Gameover520 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:23 pm

my friend is getting this gun and hes a new to airsofting.

is this a good gun? Pros and Cons?

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_SG_3 ... 0-t3k3.htm
Gameover520
Private

Re: HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR OPIONS

Postby AlexDean on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Amir?

Pros:
might have good fps but it might be exaggerating.
metal gearbox, but thats the only thing metal on it.

Cons:
UGLY
full Stock
plastic
color
ROF
and if JG is claiming its their best so far, you know its not good.

i would not buy this gun. there is so many more for the same price but better and full metal.

just my "opion" of course. =)
Last edited by AlexDean on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby Ghost Brandon on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Don't let him discourage you its entirely up to your friend for what he wants, I have a JG M4 that I bought from Airsoft Megastore in August of last year and still refuses to die, i've even bested other better brands with it, i've never had a problem with a JG, they make great beginner guns the only thing that I would say for a con for that is the plastic body which im sure will be fine, and finding mags which im sure wont be to hard after a little research.
(M16, M14 Fanatic)
A&K M16A4 (TM M16A1 Gearbox)
CA M14
WE 1911
Ghost Brandon
Private 1st Class

Postby Savage on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 pm

ASM is famous for the douchebaggetry in their descriptions. But, I owned one of these for a little bit, and I can say that they're one of, if not the, best guns in that price range. The FPS will end up around 350 with a .20. The moving parts are metal, the charging handle is hella fun, and it's probably the most accurate china gun. It puts all un-upgraded spring snipers to shame. One downside, is that it uses dovetail sights. Meaning you're going to have to track down a rail adapter, or use old-fashioned optics/mounts.

The plastic parts are acceptable, and fully loaded with scope the gun is around 9 pounds. Nowhere near as heavy as a real-steel of the same. But, almost NO weekend warrior can handle a 9-pound rifle effectively for a whole day. And even if they can, it's more than just "CAVEMAN STRONG!". You'll need to worry about hydration, sling details and you'll need an excellent pair of gloves.

I recommend this model instead, though.
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_T3_SG_1_Airsoft_Sniper_AEG_Rifle_T3_K1_p/jg-098-g3-sg1.htm
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Gills on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Savage wrote:ASM is famous for the douchebaggetry in their descriptions. But, I owned one of these for a little bit, and I can say that they're one of, if not the, best guns in that price range. The FPS will end up around 350 with a .20. The moving parts are metal, the charging handle is hella fun, and it's probably the most accurate china gun. It puts all un-upgraded spring snipers to shame. One downside, is that it uses dovetail sights. Meaning you're going to have to track down a rail adapter, or use old-fashioned optics/mounts.

The plastic parts are acceptable, and fully loaded with scope the gun is around 9 pounds. Nowhere near as heavy as a real-steel of the same. But, almost NO weekend warrior can handle a 9-pound rifle effectively for a whole day. And even if they can, it's more than just "CAVEMAN STRONG!". You'll need to worry about hydration, sling details and you'll need an excellent pair of gloves.

I recommend this model instead, though.
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_T3_SG_1_Airsoft_Sniper_AEG_Rifle_T3_K1_p/jg-098-g3-sg1.htm

+1 one exactly what savage said. I used a JG, they are good beginer guns and are available for upgrades. The next thing your friend or yourself should do is buy a Better battery and a smart charger to have essentaily max performance on that gun.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Return to Guns and Gear