TAC Legal?

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

TAC Legal?

Postby Crono0001 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to the airsoft scene, and completely new to TAC. I would love to participate in the scheduled games I found in the events forums, and wanted to know if my gear was accepted.

I currently own a Dboy M4 Full Metal RIS with a RDS mounted
(http://www.hitguns.com/Dboy-M4-CQB-RIS- ... -3981m.htm)

I don't have any gear in terms of clothing, and was just planning to go out there in my jeans and a colored T-shirt with some sunglasses. (this can change of course)

I've already read the rules on the TAC website, and was wondering if there's anything else I should know before I post in the events forums about wanting to attend?

Thanks
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Re: TAC Legal?

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Make sure your glasses are ANSI rated, regular sun glasses will shatter if your hit in the face with a stray round. Other then those and your gun the only other thing you really need to worry about for day 1 is water. I recommend a camelbak but you can get away with a jug in the staging area for smaller pickup games like the one this weekend. Once you get a feel for the sport you can decide what other gear purchases (radio, extra magazines, LBV etc) fit into your style and budget.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby quadro on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:50 pm

What Kiley said but I want to echo the water part as it is starting to warm up outside. I would also recommend a good pair of boots or something with good soles as we had an incident a couple weeks ago that a guy had a small portion of reed go through the sole of his boot and into his foot. Other than that just go out, be honest, and have fun!
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Gloves also help. Nothing like waking up sunday morning with the palms of your hands shredded and mildly infected! :mrgreen:
Rarely actually happens, but even a pair of leather workgloves are going to greatly help you.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:13 pm

just added this to my arsenal:

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/CYMA_Ai ... cm-030.htm

real excited. hopefully i'll be able to make it to this weekend's game
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Return to Guns and Gear