KWA M16

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

KWA M16

Postby Crono0001 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:07 pm

So I convinced my bro to come out and play with us one day. He lives and works in California, but would come down sometime over the summer to one of our games. I look forward to pelting him in the ass during Escalation.

He bought this gun:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=4005

Your thoughts? My first was that it's so ridiculously expensive, but then I realized that I've only been introduced to airsoft this month, and that I should request assistance from wiser authorities. It's a beautiful M16, and from what asgi says, it'll be better than my M4 even after the upgrades. Then again, for 400 bucks, you'd expect it to be right?
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Re: KWA M16

Postby xblackthund3rx on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 pm

From my experience with using KWA's and friends having them they are worth every penny. They are an awesome gun straight out of the box you don't need to change anything unless you absolutely want to. There built very well I mean there slogan is "Built to out perform" or something along those lines.
In my opinion I would recommend them over most guns if you can afford it I myself don't own one but have used at least 3 different ones and there amazing. If I had the money I would definitely get one but for now ill stick to my G&G it hasn't let me down yet
forumlogo by BLACK_THUNDER, on Flickr
G4-A2 Blazing hog, TM 1911, KWA KMP9, Echo 1 MK5, CYMA AK47
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby Tonk on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 am

You do get what you pay for in this case. KWA is good to go. Definitely a good A+ choice.

I just want to encourage you to check things like battery availability, battery compatibility as well as magazine compatibility. I personally chose to go the way of Classic Army over KWA for a few reasons.

1. 95% of all after market mid cap magazines feed into a CA M15A4 variant. KWAs this is not the case, at least in the past. KWA midcaps are $40 each. Most national ops don't allow highcaps. Its not hard to find a magazine to borrow should you need to that will fit into a CA.

2. Huge battery availability and compatibility. The CA Crane Stock has been around for years now. Batteries can be found almost anywhere and the aren't expensive. Your choices are limited with KWA Crane Stocks. I don't like a full stock so I choose a Crane Stock. (I could give a s**t about "lipo" ready.)

3. I think Ive owned 5 or 6 different CA guns since 2003 now. None of mine have ever failed me, but parts are really easy to find for a CA not to mention cheaper.

4. CA just look better. I paint my guns but CA M15A4s have Armalite Trades. KWAs just say KWA.

5. I trust the quality of CA so I "feel" better about CA so I don't worry about the 400 bucks I just dropped on a new gun.

As you will soon find out everyone has their own opinion and this is mine. I suggest you do your own research and go with what you feel better about. Good luck, welcome to the addiction, and most importantly always call your hits even if you aren't sure its a hit. It may suck to be out but it sure makes it a lot more fun for the guy shooting at you.
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:15 am

Thanks for the welcome. This wouldn't be a sport if people didn't call their own hits.

But back to the gun, do you know if this KWA is compatible with my Dboys M4 magazine? My brother and I would love to exchange ammunition on the field, and it would suck if his is proprietary.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 am

Yes it is one of my team mates bought a Dboys M4 and the day it came it crapped out he kept the mag and uses it with his KWA that he bought like Tonk said if your playing with high caps compatibility will be just about all brands but mid caps is where KWA has problems. One of my other teammates who also has a KWA uses midcaps he bought at DP not sure what brand they are but my MAG brand mid caps didnt feed in his gun so idk.
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 am

xblackthund3rx wrote:Yes it is one of my team mates bought a Dboys M4 and the day it came it crapped out he kept the mag and uses it with his KWA that he bought like Tonk said if your playing with high caps compatibility will be just about all brands but mid caps is where KWA has problems. One of my other teammates who also has a KWA uses midcaps he bought at DP not sure what brand they are but my MAG brand mid caps didnt feed in his gun so idk.

Ah thanks. If it's midcaps then I'm not too worried. I only have highcaps and have yet to attend an event where a highcap is not allowed (and I highly doubt my brother would go to that event as well)
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 am

No problem glad to help someone in the community and welcome as well since I havent said that yet I also know that A&K brand mags will work in the KWA and im guessing they would in the dboys too just a little extra info lol
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:44 am

Crono0001 wrote:Ah thanks. If it's midcaps then I'm not too worried. I only have highcaps and have yet to attend an event where a highcap is not allowed (and I highly doubt my brother would go to that event as well)

The Desert Hawks hold events every 3 or 4 months and have been gravitating toward mid cap only events like nationals. Now a more pure approach to milsim may not be your cup of tea but trust me its an entirely new angle on the sport and is worth giving a try, at least 1 time. Nothing quite conveys the sense of intensity you feel when you and your team mates are holding down an area under assault and you can 'feel' the ebb and flow of the combat as your enemies have to reload and you are frantically passing magazines back and forth to one another, eeking out every last drop of ammunition you have in hopes that you push them off long enough to get time to top of magazines. Plus you actually get to see a difference between a SAW and a normal AEG in those situations since a SAW can use high capacity box mags. Damn, I get excited just thinking about it. It really is a different feeling then hosing people down with a 400+ round drum magazine (which is fun in its own right as well).

Anyhow, back on topic. KWA is a solid gun, Buffalo swears by them and owns 4 or 5 if you include his pistols. The newer models come out of the box ready to go, just add ammo and batteries, no upgrades needed. CA X series are the same they come out high fps and ready to go. Both sport solid metal bodies and both support classic M4 style magazines.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Crono0001 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:55 am

I will buy a midcap some day in the future, but for now, I believe my involvement in airsoft doesn't yet require me to do so.

But, seeing how absorbed I am in this, it will get to me eventually :)
I preferred the tactical gameplay over Escalation anyways
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Midcaps are da bomb!

Also, back to the original topic... KWA rifles are awesome. They feed flawlessly with Mag Midcaps... well, the 6 KWA's we have up here in Prescott do at least.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Next

Return to Guns and Gear