Can't Decide on Next Lover

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Can't Decide on Next Lover

Postby Crono0001 on Sat May 29, 2010 4:54 pm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6440

vs.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=4434

The $440 one is attractive to me simply because of the forward assist and metal body. I hate how it's wired to the front, and how everyone says the stock is very loose.

The other has flip up sights (definite win), 200 bucks cheaper, and is wired to the back (I have an awesome battery). The only thing I somewhat cringe about is the plastic body- but that can be replaced I guess.... Then again, replacing parts to guns have never done me much good.

EDIT:
Okay, I've decided to settle with this one:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5110

It has everything I want: Flip up sights, cheapness, functional forward assist, blowback...
And after much consideration, I guess a plastic body isn't bad so long as it's strong. I won't get as tired running around I guess.

Your thoughts?
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Re: Can't Decide on Next Lover

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon May 31, 2010 7:07 pm

the G4A1 is the better choice I think.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Crono0001 on Mon May 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Sadly, both G4A1s are out of stock.

Anybody know how long it takes for ASGI to restock these badboys? I'm really leaning toward the Noveske one.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Mon May 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Anywhere between a day to six months, sadly. Airsoft shopping during summer tends to be nothing but back orders and out of stock.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:00 pm

Savage wrote:Anywhere between a day to six months, sadly. Airsoft shopping during summer tends to be nothing but back orders and out of stock.

I will be a very very sad panda if it takes 6 months for me to get my next AEG- but honestly, I'm shopping around and cannot find one that I like better than that 10" Noveske G4-A1. The convertible barrel allows me to use my silencer, which is total win.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Mon May 31, 2010 8:04 pm

There's stashes of KWA guns hidden around during summer. They might not be as supercool as a G4, but you're going to get a better gun out of a KWA, I expect.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Mon May 31, 2010 8:10 pm

I looked at KWA actually, but they all seem to be 100 dollars above your average G4. What's more, they don't come with any of the super cool but useless features like the pneumatic blowback and/or the functional forward assist :P

As a poor college student (who just wasted $500 dollars on a now non-functional AEG), the G4 seems to be the best bang for my buck. And again, the G4 is just super cool, but the ones I like (G4-A1s and/or G4-A3s due to convertible barrel, ridiculously long RIS, and flip up sight) are all out of stock.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby mahabra695 on Mon May 31, 2010 11:55 pm

If i were you, id get the KWA SR10. It has the rails and the sights and the crane stock which it seems like you want in a gun. The only problem is, is that its way more expensive. Yet the internals are very good. It will give you a higher ROF and FPS(which doesnt matter too much,the FPS i mean). Kwa has really great internals as well as the G4. I would save up and get the SR10.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby clayton on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am

kwa has always been what id say is the best m4 brand.
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby ultimentra on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 am

The 49th Commandos use the VFC E-Series and CA X-series M4s extensively (2 of our team mates are currently acquiring VFCs, and 3 of our team mates have CA's). The CA X-series have been shown to be nice performers, but recently 2 of them had their tappet plates go crunch followed by a jam later on after about 4 games. The VFC E-series has great reviews on the internet, and a couple of the 49th are planning on getting them. I would personally recommend the VFC E series M4s.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Next

Return to Guns and Gear