Contractor loadout

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Contractor loadout

Postby 75thRanger on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:52 pm

What are some of the must haves for a contractor loadout? This will be my second loadout next to my marine desert marpat one. Thanks.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Re: Contractor loadout

Postby L85_Fan on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Polo shirt :p
War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
L85_Fan
Private

Postby 75thRanger on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Haha true but i really dont want to wear a polo shirt during a game so i will probably stick to a tan shirt
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Postby clayton on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:07 pm

i guess the whole contractor "code", is any uniform that is not used by any official military personell or units. you can go with tan on tan, a tan flight suit, or desert tiger. be creative ;) thats a joy of having a contractor kit.
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 pm

nothing is required... except maybe a ballcap... those seem pretty standard issue for pmc loadouts.

The best way to make a contractor loadout is the same way they make them.

First, make a list of how you would like it to function.
i.e. Do you need an armor carrier? Do you have to hold 25mags or just 3? What kind of mags? How many of those mags and what kind of mags do you need accessibly immediately, and how are you most comfortable accessing them in the situations you will need them? Do you need a hydration carrier or do you prefer canteens and water bottles? Do you prefer to draw your secondary from a vest, belt, shoulder holster, or drop-leg? Plan accordingly. Do you have a com system? Do you need a spot for random items, or do your pants' cargo pockets work well enough for you? Kneepads? some people don't like them... some people love them

Now, look at that list and rank your priorities, leave a blank line at the top. Now add one more item to the list. Can I wear this all day comfortably? <--Put that one at the top of the list.

That's how you make the loadout. Comfort + Function, without worrying about form. To pull off the 'look', just avoid camo, and don't try to look like rambo... the biggest part of the look once you don't have camo (and you have a noticable amount of gear) is your attitude, this is one of the reasons that comfort is so important. If you are fighting your gear or are uncomfortable in it, you will NEVER pull off a contractor look.

What I do:
Neutral colored abercrombie t-shirts (very comfortable and soft. :D ) under an RRV, with a foliage shemagh and tan ballcap... grayish brown gloves, desert boots and tactical cargo pants (I LOVE and highly recommend LAPG Operator pants for anyone looking for tac pants). I keep my pistol in a leg rig and carry as much ammo as I need for the mission at hand, or collapse pockets for a lighter weight approach. I can also drop down to a pistols-only loadout easily by switching the RRV to a camelbak and using my leg-rig to carry extra pistol mags (I have a dump pouch on my pistol-belt). It is extremely comfortable and looks the part of PMC. YMMV. PMC is all about customization and just making something that is comfortable and effective first, and worrying about looks after the killing is done.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby dustdrive on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 am

it wat ever u want to wear comfort items
dustdrive
Private

Postby secretsquirrel on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm

1: put your clothes on..
2: put your combat shit on..

You now have a contractor load out...
secretsquirrel
Recruit

Postby usafabrad on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Grow a crazy-ass beard, wear expensive as shit oakleys, shave your head and act like you are the kind of soldier who makes six figures and cant wait to NOT carry half the crap that the average grunt carries.
usafabrad
Private

Postby 75thRanger on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:16 pm

haha i already have oakley m frames so im set there i just need to buy khaki tactical pants and a operator hat. And one day i will be a contractor.
75thRanger
Private 1st Class

Postby usafabrad on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:48 pm

M Frames = not acceptable.

Xmetal Juliets or romeos.
usafabrad
Private

Next

Return to Guns and Gear