Trigger(?) problems!

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Trigger(?) problems!

Postby Savage on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Oh, the irony.

My brand new VFC E-Series M16 is having a problem, right out of the box. When the trigger is pulled, all I get is a clicking sound. I do not wish to send this back to Evike. Out of SIX orders from them, I am yet to get one single order to arrive functional. I do not want to go through many months of waiting on Evike to stop being stupid and fix/send me a new one.

Is this a simple problem, and is there a cheap, foolproof fix without wasting my time on Evike again?
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Re: Trigger(?) problems!

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Shake the gun realllllly hard.

Your semi-auto cutoff lever may be stuck. If it's in a weird position, then you will only get a "click" that sounds like a barbecue lighter when you pull the trigger... as it will keep the electrical loop open instead of letting you closing it.

Just a weird question, but have you tried firing it in full-auto.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:15 am

I did try in full auto, but I only got the same noise.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:54 am

I'd send it back myself, if you open it you void any warranty it has... If you had planned on upgrading it out the gate then I suppose the first thing I would rule out is the trigger contacts. Like Axis said it makes that sound if your cutoff lever is not working right. To do that you will have to dissemble the gun and watch the action when you pull the trigger on the GB.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 pm

I think I'll link the disclaimer on the bottom of the return form, because getting this fixed is not going to be free.

Rate: Our labor rates for paid repairs are $35.00 an hour plus the cost of parts and shipping.

That means a minimum of $50 dollars, with fedex shipping with labor. Add an extra $15 to return it.

Under extreme circumstances, it is at the discretion of the RMA Department and its staff to grant returns. Items must be in brand new, re-sellable condition. A 30% restocking fee will apply. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs in return situations.

This means me losing 30% more of what I paid if this problem cannot be fixed. Add that in to parts and labor.

All return packages will be inspected by authorized, industry leading technicians who will made all final decisions regarding your case. Any false claims will be handled as fraud.

Evike has the right to say whatever they want concerning the broken gun.

All return packages will be inspected by authorized, industry leading technicians who will made all final decisions regarding your case. Any false claims will be handled as fraud.

Leading to this. Me getting in trouble because Evike shipped a broken order.

I'm not trying to say anything like 'You guys gave me advice, you suck'. I am only pointing out that mailing this back is not quite as much as an option as it looks.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/rma.php
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby xblackthund3rx on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:26 pm

There usually pretty good about returns I ordered a CYMA AK74 for my friend and I got a CYMA AK47 in an AK74 box, Evike wasnt even suposed to have the gun that mistakenly came to me instock. Also the rear sight was snapped in half. They reimbursed me for the shipping costs and gave me a 10% price difference on an exchange. Although the process did take a while but in the end the outcome was good just contact there RMA department if you havent already
forumlogo by BLACK_THUNDER, on Flickr
G4-A2 Blazing hog, TM 1911, KWA KMP9, Echo 1 MK5, CYMA AK47
xblackthund3rx
Private

Postby dejavu on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:23 pm

You need to contact Evike directly on the phone and speak with them.

THEY shipped you a broken gun, and I am positive that they guarantee that all shipments will arrive in functional condition.

When I used to order with Airsplat years ago, they sent me an inferior CA M15 (I got an a2 rather than an a4), and they immediately shipped the a4 and asked me to ship the a2 back to them when I got a chance. When a friend of mine had this JG M4 stolen from his front porch when the UPS driver left it there all day, Airsplat sent him a brand new one free of charge. They didn't even have to do that.

The point is, any respectable airsoft distributor is going to work to get you the right gun in working condition.

You need to be assertive to get what you want... This isn't a repair... it's a defect. Don't settle until they pay for the shipping/compensate you, and demand a NEW gun (not a repair on this defective gun).

DO NOT PAY A RE-STOCKING FEE.

Make it clear to them that the gun was broken out of the box, and that you have NOT used it.

And for God's sake, STOP ORDERING FROM EVIKE IF THEY F**K UP EVERY ORDER YOU MAKE! Use AirsoftGI instead (their biggest competition).
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Problem with ASGI is they almost never have anything (that I need) in stock :(

I'll get evike on the phone tomorrow.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Alright. After plugging in my new 9.6 today, I am getting a firing noise from my M16, and I can confirm that there is air being forced down the barrel. On the downside, the gearbox-ish area is making a somewhat painful, shrieking sound (reminds me of how airsoftguy's ICS sounded, no offense intended). The entire upper receiver shakes pretty scarily on each shot. I don't know if I need to continue to go through with the RMA, (I strongarmed Evike into not charging me any fees) or if it's just my first time with a high end aeg. Gonna try to have either Ulti or musicman take a look at it later tonight to see if the sounds are okay.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 pm

shrieking and shaking can be bad or it can be minimal.

It could just be that your motor height isn't adjusted right... but it could be a motor or gear getting ready to explode.

I would send it back if it was giving you ANY problems out of the box, especially if you already talked to them about it and it's not going to cost you anything.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Return to Guns and Gear