Lipo HEP!!!!! PLEASE

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Lipo HEP!!!!! PLEASE

Postby infiniteAnchor on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:54 pm

i went and visited the people at competition hobby and they said that it "infalted" from use and that is not gone puffy they said it would of gotten much much bigger
G4 a3
HFC 185
AGM mpoo1
infiniteAnchor
Recruit

Postby SinfulPain on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm a little leery of LiPo's inflating period. They should not inflate at all.

If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage of the cells, and let us know what they are.

I would charge it outside, and then if you want to try using it again, leave the battery outside the gun, and fire the gun. If you notice it puffing or getting hot while shooting the gun, immediately disconnect the battery, and get yourself and your gun away from the battery quickly. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes, then take it back to DP and get it exchanged.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby infiniteAnchor on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm

do you think they will actually exchange it? idk i'm skeptical right now
G4 a3
HFC 185
AGM mpoo1
infiniteAnchor
Recruit

Postby SinfulPain on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Honestly, I don't know. They should, as they told you that a low voltage alarm isn't needed.

I did some research on some RC forums, and several people had problems (including puffing) after running the battery pack down to where they noticed a performance decrease, and some other people effectively called them idiots for doing so, because that damages the cells.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby MusicMan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 pm

I've been running the same 11.1 lipo pretty much since i started playing going on 2 years now, and i have never ever had mine expand/inflate. I do keep it in my garage in a lipo safe bag now because of its age, just in case... My new lipo, also an 11.1, also have never expanded or anything. Honestly the only time I've seen them inflate is on youtube with lipo explosion videos. I would say you got a bad battery.
Echo1 AKM 47 // Cyma RPK 74 // Cyma Glock 18c // KWA Glock 19
MusicMan
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:33 am

I have 6 lipos. 4 of them are no longer perfectly flat on the big edges. They swelled just a bit during normal use which basically made the outer casing just a bit 'flabby'... like the extra skin on an obese person that lost a lot of weight.

I have had a lipo go up in flames after being extremely abused for long time (well... a small tuft of smoke followed by a steady stream of sweet-smelling fumes, as it was in a liposac), they more than double in size when they are in their last breaths.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Guns and Gear