im thinking on getthing a new AK74

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

im thinking on getthing a new AK74

Postby NHtucsonaz on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:34 pm

the ECHO 1 Full Metal / Real Wood Blow Back RED STAR Wolverine Airsoft Gun, what are your thoughts, comments, and suggestions, or should i get a different brand?
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Re: im thinking on getthing a new AK74

Postby quadro on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 pm

I have one and used it for one day. It was a great gun. The only thing that needs changed is the bucking as it is not hard enough for the stock velocity. Mine was chronoing at 383fps w/ 0.25g bb's.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby Gills on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Xavier mace on AA has a Cyma Galil for sale for 180$. It had really good external reviews but enternals are so so. It looks like a pretty bamf AK.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

i have a '74 for sale as well. ;)
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby NHtucsonaz on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 am

quadro wrote:I have one and used it for one day. It was a great gun. The only thing that needs changed is the bucking as it is not hard enough for the stock velocity. Mine was chronoing at 383fps w/ 0.25g bb's.

do you know how the blow back works? like is it pnumatic (i think thats it) or is it attatched to a gear? i have a cyma 74 with pretty much everything in the gb upgraded, would it be worth switching GBs or the parts?
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Postby quadro on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Gills wrote:Xavier mace on AA has a Cyma Galil for sale for 180$. It had really good external reviews but enternals are so so. It looks like a pretty bamf AK.

But it's not an AK. It is a weapon based off of AK design and redesigned to meet Israel's needs. It has a completely different look and feel from an AK.

NHtucsonaz wrote:do you know how the blow back works? like is it pnumatic (i think thats it) or is it attatched to a gear? i have a cyma 74 with pretty much everything in the gb upgraded, would it be worth switching GBs or the parts?

The blowback is not pneumatic or attached to a gear. It is activated by the motion of the piston and the return spring for the bolt. I wouldn't bother touching the gearbox as it is very unique. It has ports in the rear of the shell for visually checking the internals. The only part on the entire gun I would change is the hop up bucking.

Here is the link to a very nice review on Airsoft Retreat with pictures. I have not had the time to do my in depth review of the gun on the TAC site yet. I am planning on doing so once I get it back after Apoge.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby NHtucsonaz on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 pm

ok thank you alot for the help
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:48 pm

im thinkin about getting one too. the AK74U in black ops is my favorite gun to use.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:45 pm

I have a very nice DBOYS AKS74un that I might let go for a good price. Full Metal and Full wood. Beautifully unique flashhider
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby quadro on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 pm

DBOYS AK's are excellent value for the money. I have had a couple that had above average performance stock. In my experience, they have the same quality as the high end AEG's on the market. I know a lot of the Desert Hawks own / have lots of experience with the DBOYS AK models. I believe Kiley said he didn't have to touch his for over a year before any maintenance was needed. Mine was probably the best shooting gun I have owned in the past 4-5 years and if you know me, I am always changing my weapons and gear (gear whore I know). Exarach if nobody is currently wanting that 74UN I would be very interested in the very near future. ;)

quadro
Executive Advisor

Next

Return to Guns and Gear