Side arm?

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Side arm?

Postby Grono on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Looking to get a side arm, just don't know what to get! I am used to the colt M1911. I love that gun.
So I am wondering if any Airsoft can come close to the feel and function or the real deal. Or anything that is good on the field. My service side arm is a G23 and G19. So anything that fits in that relm.

Thanks!
"Tokyo Marui M4 S-System"
"H&K .40 KWA blowback"
Grono
Recruit

Re: Side arm?

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm

If you like 1911's... get a 1911?

KJW's are nice, TM's are reliable, and WE single stack 1911's are cheap (the hi-capas and dragons are known for a severe lack of quality control).
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 pm

I have this bad boy:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6936

it shoots REALLY hard and REALLY far for an airsoft pistol. Did i mention accurate?
A lot of people say the design and function is so close to the real steal, they use it for training purposes instead of using a real gun with real bullets.
I definitely recommend this gun. If you dont like the silencer, they sell it without it as well but, the one i linked here comes in the package without the upgraded longer barrel and silencer. so once you get it, you can choose whether or not to use it.
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:48 am

I have owned all the above recommended brands and keep coming back to KJW, but I use an M9. KWA also has some nice PTP weapons. I have a team mate who has both a 1911 and a M9 from them and seems to get great mileage from both.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Grono on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for all the info. It's a big help. I'll post what I get soon. Thanks again.
"Tokyo Marui M4 S-System"
"H&K .40 KWA blowback"
Grono
Recruit

Postby DRC92 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Have you consider the P226 from KJW? Thats what I'm using and i must say that it is totally awesome, it's practically like the real thing except for some interal are plastic and it doesn't shoot real bullets. But other than that it weighs nearly all the same, Larry from DP said that its the gas gun he perfers over others.
SCAR-L (gas), G36k, M3 no stock, Sig Sauer P226R
The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
DRC92
Recruit

Postby Exarach on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 pm

KWA G23F
KWA PTP M9
WE Baby High Capa
Classic army Mp5k
Mod. Well Skorpion
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:55 am

I've been hung up for literal months for what to get for my range/carry pistol. 1911, rhino, M92, blah blah blah. At the end of all that, the best choices out there were 1911 (in 380 super), or SIG P226 (In 9mm). Real steeling aside, the reason it came down to those two over *anything* else, is they have some of the best ergonomics on any handgun (Besides competition pistols). There're plenty of 1911's and SIG pistols around.

1911:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too many to choose from, market is absolutely flooded.
Rather cheap, you can get a good setup going for 100-120 bucks or so. (2 mags, pistol, gas)

SIG:
Not too many to choose from. All of the SIGS on the market are of an insanely high quality, though. AirsoftGI just released a PTP model a week ago.
Most that are currently made use C02. C02 is good. It is not green gas. It works on a cloudy morning. And it continues to work. Better compression, functionality, and energy transfer than propane will ever have.
Problem is, to get a good sig with 2 mags and a bunch of gas, expect to pay $200.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby Arcane on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Savage wrote:I've been hung up for literal months for what to get for my range/carry pistol. 1911, rhino, M92, blah blah blah. At the end of all that, the best choices out there were 1911 (in 380 super), or SIG P226 (In 9mm)....

SIG:
Not too many to choose from. All of the SIGS on the market are of an insanely high quality, though. AirsoftGI just released a PTP model a week ago.
Most that are currently made use C02. C02 is good. It is not green gas. It works on a cloudy morning. And it continues to work. Better compression, functionality, and energy transfer than propane will ever have.
Problem is, to get a good sig with 2 mags and a bunch of gas, expect to pay $200.

I've got a RS Sig P226 in 9mm. Absolutely love it. 'Nuff said.

I had a KJW P226, loved it but as it got "older" I got less than ideal gas mileage out of it, so I sold it. Just got a KWA P226 PTP. Love it, less cosmetically similar to the RS than the KJW was, but it feels oh, so refined. Plus it's a solid performer, I can get 3 mags of bbs in 1 fill of propane, even in chilly weather I can get a full mag off. Still shoots in 30 F weather... It's got good power and respectable accuracy. Only niggle I have is that it's a bit of a snug fit in my Serpa which leads to the finish on parts of the rail/frame wearing.

IMO, if you're gonna spend money, do it right the first time. If you love you some Sig, get one and save you losing $$$ on getting a compromise and selling it to get a Sig anyway. And is you get a Sig GBB, spend the extra few $ and get the KWA PTP, it's got a KWA warranty and tech support for crying out loud. Can't go wrong IMO
Arcane
Private

Postby DRC92 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:38 am

Savage wrote:I've been hung up for literal months for what to get for my range/carry pistol. 1911, rhino, M92, blah blah blah. At the end of all that, the best choices out there were 1911 (in 380 super), or SIG P226 (In 9mm). Real steeling aside, the reason it came down to those two over *anything* else, is they have some of the best ergonomics on any handgun (Besides competition pistols). There're plenty of 1911's and SIG pistols around.

1911:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too many to choose from, market is absolutely flooded.
Rather cheap, you can get a good setup going for 100-120 bucks or so. (2 mags, pistol, gas)

SIG:

KJW makes green gas versions of the P226 that is very affordable even with two mags. Also for you RS 1911 who's the maker of it cause thats exactly what i want for my conceld weapon.
SCAR-L (gas), G36k, M3 no stock, Sig Sauer P226R
The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
DRC92
Recruit

Return to Guns and Gear