russian surpat

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: russian surpat

Postby Savage on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:07 am

I as well am willing to test some gear out for you. I've been hoofing many miles, camping about twice a month. I can also send some of the gear off to be tested by local forest fighter crews. Willing to reinburse for any shipping charges it takes to get the gear halfway across the state.

Also, I've got a few ideas for gear I'd like to see on the market someday.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby krash on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Savage PM me.
You have contacts in the Wildland Fire Fighting community? WE need to talk!
there are tons of gear makers out there, so many styles of gear, that is tacticool etc a single guy with a machine can't even begin to go up against, why do the same old .....

.I will sew up anything that I like that AND CAN'T BE FOUND ANYWHERE ELSE, no reason in making stuff you can get at Millers for half what it cost to make......

Be creative with your design ideas!

I am looking at making dog body armor for my neighbor's COON dogs for when they go for Cougar, pigs....dog booties where hot a few year back up north, pet lovers spend crazy money on dumb shit.....
Multi cam laptop bags, messenger bags, are easy and I want one for me.
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Any chance of you doing some headwear/facewear?
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby krash on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:24 pm

right NOW, today, I have no plan to do head wear< like what? bonnies, ball cap or do you mean helmet covers??

what is FACE wear? the only thing I have put on my face was eyepro and facepaint.

the 1st personal projects will be various sized "day pack" that intergrate onto some already existing firefighting vest/harness , a couple laptop carrier/pistol packs- messenger bag, a hydropack/fire shelter carrier, I need a big tool carrier duffle 60" long, for shovel- rakes- axe- pulaski

tactical gear is all over the place in so many color patern to spin your head, that has not been high on my personal list but open to original ideas.......
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 pm

I mean like Balaclavas, patrol caps, boonie hats. But like you said thats already been done. I will try to come up with some ideas for you.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Savage on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 am

ultimentra wrote:I mean like Balaclavas, patrol caps, boonie hats. But like you said thats already been done. I will try to come up with some ideas for you.

Something similar to the mesh masks would be quite awesome.
Providing you could get them compatible with certain goggle/helmet combinations, they would probably be accepted by most CQB fields. And if you can break the paintball mask monopoly, you could probably get some good results.

Waiting to hear from the firefighter on permission to shoot you his email address.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby krash on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:13 am

THE CONSEW is here, the thread is loaded, my SURPAT fabric is here and the cutting shears are, are, where are those, ........ they are.....I left it right over........wtH!

SOOOOO, I made a strap today. YEAH thaty is a big deal! I don't know how to sew even but I will be stichin fool now for a few weeks ............

I need more hours in the day. Ever get that feeling you need less sleep and more daylight hours to get start done before the dirt nap......
krash
Executive Advisor

Previous

Return to Guns and Gear