Home Made Rocket Launcher

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Home Made Rocket Launcher

Postby ultimentra on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:34 am

And use a spell checker please, or take the time to correct yourself. The rest of us do it, no reason why you can't. 8-)

Here is something additional to consider-
Making TAC qualified rocket launchers have to follow the same guidelines as grenades in terms of them having to be replicas of a real one. Meaning any ol nerf rocket can't be brought out, it has to be AT4/RPG/MANPADS/etc replica of some sort.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Re: Grenades and airsoft A few thoughts to consider!

Postby Exarach on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 am

ultimentra wrote:And use a spell checker please, or take the time to correct yourself. The rest of us do it, no reason why you can't. 8-)

Making TAC qualified rocket launchers have to follow the same guidelines as grenades in terms of them having to be replicas of a real one. Meaning any ol nerf rocket can't be brought out, it has to be AT4/RPG/MANPADS/etc replica of some sort.

Been pushing this one for years^
Agree

Faithful Launchers
M203/eglm/that sweet russian under one

RPG7/Javalin/LAW/ect.

Tried to find that thread where this one was argued over a while back.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:55 pm

ultimentra wrote:And use a spell checker please, or take the time to correct yourself. The rest of us do it, no reason why you can't. 8-)

While the guidlines for launchers is perhaps another topic, I will add that out outside of the M203, and the GP30 a cost effective LAWS, AT4 or RPG is way outside of most folks budget. Spending 300-700 for a luancher that has no more killing ability than An M203 is a waste IMO.
I did see a very nice one some one built over on AA, and it does look a lot like a real AT4.

Any home brewed compressed rocket luancher design should be inspected by TAC for safety.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby ultimentra on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Yes scott you are right this will be out of the question for many people, perhaps we should have a discussion about it at the next TAC meeting in person to get things ironed out.

TAC already has the rules in place for home brew launchers, this was decided on quite awhile ago as any kind of non-commercial compressed air device must be thoroughly inspected and operated only by 18+ (I think this is what the rule states I am not sure on the exact verbage). So we have nothing to worry about there :) .
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby tortilla mission on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Why do TAC need to inspect a nnewmatic weapon if it shoots it should be fine.
tortilla mission
Banned

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:19 pm

tortilla mission wrote:Why do TAC need to inspect a nnewmatic weapon if it shoots it should be fine.

Home-built pneumatic devices have not had a gang of engineering degrees, 1000's of man hours, computer driven tool and die, and precision knowledgeable hand craftsmanship to put them together. This makes these devices inherently dangerous and must be tested. Airsoft is not a SAFE sport and it is up to all of us to try and not damage each other.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby THKInternational on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:42 pm

If you Value your life hearing groin chest you would think about making one safely. Trust me I had one blow up on me the force of compression will be one of the most painful sensations of your life.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Home Made Rocket Launchers

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:44 am

tortilla mission wrote:Why do TAC need to inspect a nnewmatic weapon if it shoots it should be fine.

"
"I made a rocket laucher but I left the gas on when I put it down; when I came back it was in 3 million peices"

...... Compressed air at say 150 PSI will drive a PVC shrapnel right through your skull.. or worse someone elses skull.

Mod Edit: Moved out of grenade discussion
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:39 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:...... Compressed air at say 150 PSI will drive a PVC shrapnel right through your skull.. or worse someone elses skull.

And, I think 150 psi is the legal national limit is it not?
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:41 pm

TJC10 wrote:
IconarmsDealer wrote:...... Compressed air at say 150 PSI will drive a PVC shrapnel right through your skull.. or worse someone elses skull.

And, I think 150 psi is the legal national limit is it not?

Well Im not sure on legal limits but....
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Next

Return to Guns and Gear