Home Made Rocket Launcher

Here's where you can discuss everything you have, or want but haven't got...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Home Made Rocket Launcher

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:36 am

Exarach wrote:
THKInternational wrote:the one i made shot the madbull dummy grenades

And shrapnel.....

I was just giving him shit because he was ripping into my argument about not everyone being willing to pay a dollar or so for a one time usable grenade, and then turning around and suggesting a rocket powered by a full c02 cartridge a shot :lol:

Lets keep it on topic you guys can slap puds together in PM's.

A rocket with a cavity to fit a Co2 cartridge would not be be a big deal to make, Self depolying fins easy! A striker system to puncture the thin diaphram, also not a big deal.
getting it all to work together is the key, while having a realsitic luanching platform

Cost....I am 100% certian that Co2 caplets can be bought in bulk for far less than $1<$1.50
This is a Moot point as no single person is going to sit down and fabricate this.

So that brings us back around to PVC Nerf rocket luanchers.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby ultimentra on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:38 am

A rocket launcher powered by a CO2 caplet is a viable idea, having a system that releases the entire caplet at once similar to a thunder B would give something like that a substantial amount of power, whether your using it for the actual rocket, or using the air its self as a propellant. Like you said, the main problem is developing a system that does this, and works right.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 am

ultimentra wrote:A rocket launcher powered by a CO2 caplet is a viable idea, having a system that releases the entire caplet at once similar to a thunder B would give something like that a substantial amount of power, whether your using it for the actual rocket, or using the air its self as a propellant. Like you said, the main problem is developing a system that does this, and works right.

I
Well if Pyro was allowed then the smallest of Mod rocket motors would be the ticket, Short thrust sequence, coast, and then the Pop (Para deployment charge) would disperse a marking powder, or kick the motor out.
While this would not be usable at all Aos, SASCO would be a great spot. As the Rocket would be very light weight, and made of a very soft foam I doubt it would hurt anyone or damage any Vehicles.
In fact the rockets could be single use body with a reusable Warhead!.......Yea I know dream on..
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Exarach on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:10 am

Problem is, if you want to launch multiple rockets, you need to swap C02, unless you did get it in the rocket, in which case you would need to carry a bunch of rockets, which would start to weigh in. At cb, me and the guy with the AT-4 went through about 10-15 rockets just assaulting the police station and the car going in circles around it, and we still could have gone through more, but you just end up looking like some sort of demon afgani santa with the huge backpack of rockets.

I am assuming that a C02 in rocket system would need to be a bit longer, maybe an 8in-ish projectile, and those would stack up fast.

Perhaps a CO2 in foam shell mortar? That would be sweet, and eliminate the need for the crazy C02 systems some people throw into them.

You could have a realistic looking mortar, and fire the shells as fast as you could load. Might fix the lack of mortars on the field.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 am

Exarach wrote:Perhaps a CO2 in foam shell mortar? That would be sweet, and eliminate the need for the crazy C02 systems some people throw into them.

You could have a realistic looking mortar, and fire the shells as fast as you could load. Might fix the lack of mortars on the field.

I have had this dream, but the striker would have to be very precise, that's a small target, and that's assuming the C02 cartridge had the stones to push the mortar bomb far enough.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:51 pm

The Mortar is a good idea. as for getting the Co2 caplet to strike the Pin..

Perhaps the projectile would have a taper that would self center when dropped into the tube...Imagine slipping ttraffic cones( together as you stack them) they fit together one inside the other.The bottom of the tube would key up with the bottom of the round. The round could be made of Vacu-formed materials with a foam tip.

Theres are some good ideas here, and thats what these forums are all about. I think with some R&D we could come up with a system of both an AT weapon, and Mortar.
Perhaps each could use a Remote air source and Regulator. this would allow adjustment of both FPS and range,See if we can use exsisting tech and not reinvent the wheel
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:50 pm

My AT4 is powered by this device it is a controled system for the gas unlike my previous one it wont explode.
http://www.amazon.com/Rap4-Paintball-Quick-Change-Adapter/dp/B0046VLEOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322642849&sr=8-1
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:47 am

As much as I dislike Airtanks in mil sim....I thing a crew served weapon (Mortar) would best be done via a remote air source.This removes the need to make a fancy Projo, and would allow for a more realistic ROF. Drop'em and pop'em!
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:08 pm

just so you can launch your thermobarics across SASCO? I dont think so pal :lol:
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 am

THKInternational wrote:just so you can launch your thermobarics across SASCO? I dont think so pal :lol:

Are your ears still ringing?
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

PreviousNext

Return to Guns and Gear